GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi all, just noticed this area of the site today myself. I am a recent GL owner since this past spring (was my dream machine since learning to ride) and am looking forward to putting on some more miles on her. Stay warm and looking forward to meeting up some time. :smile:

Lonestarr GL1800 '08

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
:congrats: on your new wing Lonestarr,now if we could get rid of the snow and ice.My new 09 wing is at the dealers waiting for me...:excited:

What part of Conn. are you from :?:

Ed..;)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi Ed,
I am in the town of New Haven County, by the border of New Haven and Hamden.
:congrats: to you too on your new '09 Wing. Woo Hoo. I know just how you feel. Picked up my new in back in April and it's been a love afair ever since then. I am so tired of this weather.:cry: I am so ready for spring. Riding in the cold and snow has lost its appeal for me over the years. That chill to the bones takes days to warm up again. Let us know when your new baby makes it's first cry.:lol:

Lonestarr gL1800 '08

Wish i won the lottery so I could spend the rest of my days just me and my wing and wing friends on the road

·
Registered
899 Posts
Thawwwwww

Wish winter would end,need to ride!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey George! Glad you got the chance to take that ride. Must have felt great. I've been fantasizing about being back on my wing. I have not had the time so much this winter, and it's been so cold. But the real reason is the SALT. :eek:4:
All my other bikes have been used so I gave no real thought to the damage salt can do. Now that I got my wing fresh from the dealer I am afraid to take her out.

Oh spring, where are you.:?
Ride safel all

·
Registered
120 Posts
Certainly cleanliness (especially on a wing) is next to Godliness. That said, man does my bike have a spring cleaning coming. Winter riding adds dirt and salt extras. For that reason some will not take bikes out until roads are cleaned for spring.

However, I view bikes like Bibles, in this regard, while a pristine Bible looks nice nothing better than a well worn Bible because its been used.

Ride it, wash it, enjoy it;).

·
Co-Sponsor
444 Posts
Now i get it Greg... I know you are a man of the cloth.... must be a polishing cloth..... :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Used to live in Franklin Ave in Hartford, I have family in Rocky Hill, Beautiful place but I don't like the winter..

·
Registered
70 Posts
I made it!
Let's set a date and get together. Jim's place sounds good!

·
Co-Sponsor
444 Posts
Whenever you want just let me know.... Also just signed a deal to sell these new cars.... ct will register them as a car, no motorcycle license required... we will be getting our first one in at the end of March

www.ecomotorcompany.com

You can contact me during the day at 860-774-0030 or [email protected]

·
Registered
123 Posts
2-22-09

I just came back form my first ride of 09. Felt great to get the itch scratched. It was 38 deg went for a local in town cruise, gloves, jacket zip in liner, not cold at all. I can't wait spring is right around the corner.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Me and and my friend Bruce got out on are Wings for a ride today also,It was my first ride on my new 09 scene I got it home. It felt good to get out.

Ed..:coffee1:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
There is a lot of difference form the 04 to the 09 but I didn't ride it long enough to tell a difference between them other than the seat,I had a Corbin on the 04.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Greetings

Hi all,
Just came across this page. I am a new wing owner. My wife got me a 2009 GL1800 for my 50th Birthday a couple of weeks ago. Never had a touring bike before and we are really looking forward to some nice rides.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 49 Posts