GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't ride when the temperature drops below 30. When I do ride in the 30's my hands get extremely cold. I would like to get the G3 gloves. Do I also need a controller? Single or dual? How do the gloves connect? One day I may want to add a vest or pants. Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
chazzman said:
I don't ride when the temperature drops below 30. When I do ride in the 30's my hands get extremely cold. I would like to get the G3 gloves. Do I also need a controller? Single or dual? How do the gloves connect? One day I may want to add a vest or pants. Thanks
The gloves come with a wiring harness that runs down the arms to the gloves. The other end plugs into the bike with the single heat coltroller in lijne or not. If you get the jacket down the road, plug the jacket in and then there are plugs in the sleeves of the liner to attach the gloves to. Personally, I think the heat controller is always a good idea.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
chazzman said:
You have to wire up to the battery and decide on a permanent or portable controller. You can hook both gloves and jacket/liner to the same controller... same for pants/liners and socks. For ultimate temp adjustment, separate contollers for each article would necessary. If you just have gloves or socks, you have to fish cords down both sleeves/legs. If you have jacket and pants, the gloves and socks plug into them, unless you've got individual controllers for each article. Then you're back to fishing for the gloves and socks. lol

·
Registered
21,092 Posts
might as well get the Gerbings jacket linner at the same time cuz messing with running the wires down your sleeves seems like a big hassle, i use the standard single heat troller and it works great, used to use just an on off switch, it worked but the heat troller is a whole lot better

·
Registered
569 Posts
When you order the jacket be sure to specify wired for dual control of jacket/gloves. The glove wire from the jacket will then be on a separate circuit and allow separate control of jacket and gloves, without fishing wires through the jacket.

http://www.gerbing.com/heat/jl.html click on the dual 2 link.

Get the controller, otherwise you will have to have an on/off switch to manually turn off the gloves when they get too hot then back on when cold. If you don't buy the liner now, buy the dual controller anyway so you will be ready when you add the jacket later.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
If you get the jqcket with the separate circuit, you will also need a dual controler so as to power the second circuit in the jacket. We love ours, and that place having the 20% off is unheard of with gerbing clothing. Take advantage as I believe there is price protection that the dealers must follow.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have run the gloves without any temperature controller, and they did not get too hot. I have the Gerbing Jacket and Pants liners and rarely use the pants ... Running the wires down your sleeves is a major pain!

FF

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Get the jacket liner, gloves liner, and dual controller. I opted for the portable dual controller as I ride different bikes. Most of the time the glove liners never get used, but during the winter they are in the trunk.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I opted for the G3 Gloves and the Jacket with the dual controller. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts