GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys... My question is, am I missing much not getting the deluxe version for 2015? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
You'll want to get the center stand for it. And the deluxe comes with reverse, a definite plus.

·
Registered
68 Posts
2015 brought the cruise control, so thats a good year. The Deluxe version adds:
Center stand, self-cancelling turn signals, heated grips, plus the passenger backrest.
If you get a standard you can add the center stand easily, the backrest is a little more complicated but available.

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
No reverse on any of the F6B's
Feedback from owners has led to two specification upgrades for 2015. Reverse gear is now also original equipment on the Gold Wing F6B Deluxe. Operated from the right handlebar and driven by the electric starter motor reverse helps back the bike out of an uphill parking space, especially when loaded or with a pillion. The second addition – electronic cruise control – makes long highway days pass even more easily.

Bear in mind, my buddy has the standard version, so I'm just posting what I found regarding the difference.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Feedback from owners has led to two specification upgrades for 2015. Reverse gear is now also original equipment on the Gold Wing F6B Deluxe. Operated from the right handlebar and driven by the electric starter motor reverse helps back the bike out of an uphill parking space, especially when loaded or with a pillion. The second addition – electronic cruise control – makes long highway days pass even more easily.

Bear in mind, my buddy has the standard version, so I'm just posting what I found regarding the difference.
That may be a European spec. US F6B's do not have reverse

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
Canadian F6b's come standard with ABS (read that it's the law) but abs isn't available in the US. I have never seen reverse as an option on US F6b"s.

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Okay, I learned something today. Haven't paid that much attention to the F6B's, prefer the amenities of an actual Wing. Thanks for the info. 👍🏼

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi Guys... My question is, am I missing much not getting the deluxe version for 2015? Thanks in advance.
I have a '13 std. I installed a center stand - not hard or expensive, and clearly worth it. I also have the tall, vented windshield and a Utopia back rest. Both really nice comforts. I don't care about lacking cruise or ABS. What is a pain is: The non cancelling turn signals. I thought it wouldn't matter, but I was spoiled and have discovered my leaving a T/S on, sometimes long after a turn. Not cool!
Otherwise, love the base model - does everything I need. Enjoy!

·
Registered
57 Posts
If its the right price you betta jump on it. These are getting and will get tough to find. Saw one posted locally and it was snatched up in less than an hour. Again if the price is right. As much as I admire new tech and bikes, I could never get rid of this thing, and now with my Day Long seat, it will be my last bike. Pure heaven to ride. But yeah, you can put a center stand on, I have a passenger backrest I will never use. I put RIVCO floorboards and a heel toe on mine as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2016 F6B Deluxe does not have reverse. I haven't really needed it, even if I had it. It does have self-cancelling signals, but they cancel way to quickly. I prefer to let others know early that I plan to turn, so I have to reactivate my signals every time.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My 2016 F6B Deluxe does not have reverse. I haven't really needed it, even if I had it. It does have self-cancelling signals, but they cancel way to quickly. I prefer to let others know early that I plan to turn, so I have to reactivate my signals every time.
Yes, I complain about the lack of turn signal cancelling on my base. However, it is a "Silver Lining" that I can complete my turn, without having the darn signals cancel! On some bikes, they have cancelled right before I actually initiate the turn, which is distracting. Good point!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I actually prefer the clean lines of the standard ... doesn't have the back rest ... I have the 13 deluxe ... I actually removed the passenger's rest and had to buy the "caps" to fill the holes in the back deck, but it looks really sleek ... only thing I would LIKE to have but don't is the cruise ... No American F^B comes with either ABS or reverse ... Canada and Europe are bothe different ... they do have a "linked" brake sytem which applies some pressure to BOTH brakes whenever ONE is engaged

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ended up getting a 2013 standard. lots of good mods though. center stand, madstad windscreen, throttlemeister, under mirror wind deflectors. really loving it after my first long ride.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have a '13 std. I installed a center stand - not hard or expensive, and clearly worth it....
My 1978 GL has center stand but my VT1100C2 that I have been riding for 25 years had no center stand so probably why I don't miss one. I now have a 2018 GL1800B (no center stand) and wonder why one is needed? I stop and side-stand almost automatically goes down before I get off the bike.

·
Registered
472 Posts
My 1978 GL has center stand but my VT1100C2 that I have been riding for 25 years had no center stand so probably why I don't miss one. I now have a 2018 GL1800B (no center stand) and wonder why one is needed? I stop and side-stand almost automatically goes down before I get off the bike.
We do a good bit of long distance riding on our 2018 DCT Non-Tour with two waterproof bags weighting 25 pounds each strapped to the rear luggage rack. Standing the bike upright on the center stand makes loading & unloading the rear rack a 1 person job.

Center stand also makes cleaning the bike while on the road easier. Otherwise I use the side stand.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I like it to air & check the rear tire, or to check, or change oil. I also use it sometimes in parking situations ( although I usually use the side stand). I also like it to change the rear tire. I have a H.D. and see your point. Belt or driveshaft bikes can get by okay without, but I like the convenience of a centerstand for maintenance procedures. Tired of using blocks to level the Heritage! I have owned many bikes and those with only side stands were fine, though. I liked centerstands on bikes with drive chains, too. I just like to avoid using my m/c jack, if I don't need too. Rolling the F6B to check tire tread, or get the valve stem in a comfortable place to air tire makes the centerstand a nice option.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts