GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I threw together a video with a few tips and things to look for below. Hey, do me a favor and subscribe to my YouTube channel!

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
That was a great video. Brought up some very good points.

You are to be commended for your time and effort.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Not to bash but it's WAY to long...no way are people watching for 20 minutes. The few minutes I did watch were good quality though.
Good Job.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not to bash but it's WAY to long...no way are people watching for 20 minutes. The few minutes I did watch were good quality though.
Good Job.
I agree. I did everything I could to cut it down in length. It was just too much info to cram into a 5 minute video. My first edit was 35 minutes!

I may do some more trimming.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Some folks would complain if you had Nekkid Women dancing around the bike.

Someone looking to buy a used Wing will watch the whole thing.

Again you did a great job.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I was not complaining, just giving my opinion. Don't think I would watch 20 minutes if I was in the market...unless you did have nakid women dancing!:shock:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I watched and enjoyed every second of it - great job. By the way, congratulations on picking the best looking color/year for your film.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Very well done. My opinion regarding add-ons would be that they might range far less than the 25-50% of original cost you suggested. I'd say they range from $0 on up, in fact some may even detract from the value of the bike. Of course it all depends on what the buyer is looking for.

PS - I watched the whole 20 minutes, and I'm not even looking for a used wing. ;) Personally I don't think it's too long and really glad to see you weren't naked.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Very well done. My opinion regarding add-ons would be that they might range far less than the 25-50% of original cost you suggested. I'd say they range from $0 on up, in fact some may even detract from the value of the bike. Of course it all depends on what the buyer is looking for.

PS - I watched the whole 20 minutes, and I'm not even looking for a used wing. ;) Personally I don't think it's too long and really glad to see you weren't naked.
Naked is a Yankee word meaning you don't have any clothes on.
Nekkid is a southern word meaning you don't have any clothes on, and you are up to something.

Thought I should clarify that.:lol::lol:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks, now no one will buy my bike because of a lowside 2 years ago. Even though it's got 1/2 the mileage as yours and is in excellent condition. :sad: I also think you should have put some info on the frame recall years in the vid.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Naked is a Yankee word meaning you don't have any clothes on.
Nekkid is a southern word meaning you don't have any clothes on, and you are up to something.

Thought I should clarify that.:lol::lol:
Let ME clarify. When my GF(Northerner/Yankee) is naked, she's definitely up to something. :lol: It's when she is nude that it's hands off.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's a very good point, and one that got edited out of the final cut. I agree, some accessories may cost a lot but be of NO interest to a buyer and therefore, worthless, or even a negative. Like a custom paint job, or lots of chrome (I could not care less about chrome parts).

I may go back and add some text comments regarding that.

·
Registered
19,382 Posts
I enjoy your videos. Very professional

1 - 20 of 34 Posts