GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience in use of these? Just thinking about intercom with out wires.

Thanks In advance.

·
Registered
661 Posts
My step-son Beau, and I use these units. The Bike-to-Bike comms are a wonderful way to share the ride. The built in FM radio works but, It is not the best way to listen to music. They are MONO only. We also use the scala riders to listen to bluetooth mp3 players built into our telephones. In Mono. .......Don

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply Don. Guess not to many are using these.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For intercomm, they are good. The FM is very weak IMO. I have one that I purchased for my old FJR1300, worked well when there was no radio on bike. For bike to bike, a good choice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ifound the scala not to be load enough

I have tried the Blue ant that worked well but the parrot bluetooth comes with 2 speakers and the volume is great also it works well with the bluetooth phone for mp3 music

·
Registered
125 Posts
Used them for over 20,000 miles. This allows us to both set our own radio station or mp3 with opt. Plug-in. When she rides her bike the work for about 1000 to 1500 feet with no problem in line of sight situations. Intercom only last 10 to 12 hours...with radio and intercom 4 - 6 depending how loud the radio.

During a flooding hurrican last year 28.5 inches in three days, we used it to communicate while she was in the house and i was out in the storm working the sump pump to keep our house from flooding...worked great...enjoy...your signal may vary...thunderwing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts