GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....but I'm wondering if there are any CT's that cause you to have to modify the rear fender in any way. I had a CT on my Valk a few years ago, but had to remove it to grind down a nut cage. Would like to avoid that with my 09 Wing if possible. Any of you had problems with fender clearance? Right now I'm considering the Pirelli Eufori 195/55-16 RF. Thanks. :coffee1:

·
Registered
452 Posts
:agree:
I'm running the Pirelli 195/55-16 ROF and it fits great...just tighten the lugs and enjoy the smooth, safe ride :biker:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I don't recall any reports of rubbing problems with that size. It is very close to OEM size.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
....but I'm wondering if there are any CT's that cause you to have to modify the rear fender in any way. I had a CT on my Valk a few years ago, but had to remove it to grind down a nut cage. Would like to avoid that with my 09 Wing if possible. Any of you had problems with fender clearance? Right now I'm considering the Pirelli Eufori 195/55-16 RF. Thanks. :coffee1:
The width on that tire is nearly identical to the OEM MT width. You shouldn't have any clearance issues. I didn't and I run that very tire in my '09. Looking up in to the wheel well after installing it, I saw similar clearance as with the OEM sized MT I had just removed.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
The Pirelli [email protected] 195/55-16 is a good choice and the 195/55-16 is the most common size used by Darksiders here. If you experience any rubbing out of that tire size, it would be extraordinary. Good luck.
:agree:
I'm running the Pirelli 195/55-16 ROF and it fits great...just tighten the lugs and enjoy the smooth, safe ride :biker:
:agree::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
That should work with no problem.

There have been a few report of minor rubbing on some of the cables on some of the newer model years, but it usually occurs with the 205/55.
In either case, it's easily remedied with a couple of tie-wraps.

No hard parts rub!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, evaboddy. Look out, Darkside, here I come!
BTW, how do you get your number? :coffee1:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside.

In case you didn't realize it, there are a number of forum members outside the Darkside that still swear the earth is flat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts