GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many are wearing your contacts when riding? And where are you getting your contacts cheap because I'm sure you loose a few more on a bike...

Yep cheap contacts Where?

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
change title to lenses and you will probably get better response.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
359 Posts
Extended wear, multi-focal. Wear either a full-face or half-helmet and always were some sort of eye protection (sunglasses in the day and clear lenses at night).

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
With eye protection, never a problem...
Sassy has dry eye every so often and has special glases with foam surrounds to prevent it (even under a FF helmet)..

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Never had a problem. Wore hard and gas perm in the 70's with no problem. New toric soft lenses are quite good if you don't have dry eyes. Even then, wear common sense protection (proper polycarb safety glasses purpose-made for motorcycle riding, shield, goggles, whatever you are most comfortable with) and carry some tears in a bottle, and you should be fine. I'm Ok in 25 degree weather (very dry) or a summer rain storm. I have multifocal toric lenses on order. They will be about $150 each. I'll probably wear them just like my $12 each lenses that I wear now. I've only ridden >50 miles once with glasses on in the past decade. Hated it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
With eye protection, never a problem...
Sassy has dry eye every so often and has special glases with foam surrounds to prevent it (even under a FF helmet)..

The same thing works for me, and I carry some eye drops that works with contacts. My eyes only bother me after an all day ride.

I lost one hard lenses in 1974 or 75, I had just left the Yamaha dealer in Chattanooga. I remember this because, I knew I had to go home and tell my parents.

I don't recall when I changed to soft lenses, but it was many years ago. I have never had a soft lenses come out unless rubbing my eyes and then only a few times in 20+ years

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Never had a problem. I am a new wearer, but I always wear sun glasses during the day and try to wear safety glasses at night if the shield is up. No problem hear. Multi focal here. I've got old eyes.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I wear extended where disposable never had a problem but I wear a full face helmet and normally sunglasses. on trips I cray a spare pair but around town I don't and I'm blind

1 - 12 of 12 Posts