GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2600 miles on my conti's...they are on an 08 bagmodel,all stock W/fork brace.....very noisy at lower speeds,vibration like a 4 wheel drive tire felt thur. the floor boards(rear),goes away at around55 mph....lite feathering on the rear on left side,smooth at speed .....I do have ride-on sealer in both.....I really like the tire I just don't have any confidence in them at this point?Leaving sunday 10/2 for a week in the mountains(gap,Charhola )hope they can take it....any one else with these tire????

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I had over 4000 mles on them, wearing well smooooth tire(dyna beads) great on the slab or twisties when conditions are DRY!!!

I dont trust them when the roads are wet. I went to the darkside on rear a couple of weeks ago. Going back to Avons on front.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I run a non traditional tire on the rear, with the Conti Motion on the front. Closing in on 5,000 miles and like it real well. Does a great job for me rain or shine!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Put on a new front CMotion as I also run "unconventional" on rear.

Went to Sturges and 5200 miles later fairly heavy feathering on it but it still rides smooth, will not replace with another. Going to a stone next time.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
conti update

Flyboy what kind of mileage are you getting on your run flats on the rear????I getting pretty frustrated with the current crop on MC tires and the lousey mileage,thats why i tried conti's but i'm thinking thats not going anywhere ......Piss poor that you can't get 20 k out of ANY MC tire...

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I run a non traditional tire on the rear, with the Conti Motion on the front. Closing in on 5,000 miles and like it real well. Does a great job for me rain or shine!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
You gotta get out of second gear.

Sorry, just couldn't resist. :oops:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
You gotta get out of second gear.

Sorry, just couldn't resist. :oops:
It has more than 2 gears? When I bought it the guy said 1 down for first then up for second. I thought 2 gears was all it had!:shrug::oops::lol:

·
IronMan
17,463 Posts
be sure n order fire suit with unconventional tire :lol:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just put a new Conti Motion tire on the front of my 09 1800. I have only ridden a few miles at this point but, the handling seems good and it seems quiet. However, it definitely seems to have same rough ride as the old Conti Tour. I hoped that they would have solved that problem as I otherwise have had good luck with Continental tires.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My Conti Motion has 11,000 miles, with maybe 2,000 left on it. Running Dyna Beads, and the tire has no feathering. Looks surprisingly good for an relatively inexpensive tire.

Not sure what will go on next, but am going to make a change.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Flyboy what kind of mileage are you getting on your run flats on the rear????I getting pretty frustrated with the current crop on MC tires and the lousey mileage,thats why i tried conti's but i'm thinking thats not going anywhere ......Piss poor that you can't get 20 k out of ANY MC tire...

I have about 10k and it's about half gone should get 17-19 on it when I replace.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts

20K you gotta be SH*&%^$# me!!!!!! I am happy if I get 10K out of either tire!!! (normaly 6K out of a rear!!) I run an "other" tire but NOT for the miles!!!! More load & runflat

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I put a new set on last July when the ol' E-3's wore out. They were a bit loud. In fact, louder than the Dunlaps were. They did their job while on 4700 mile trip out west with my Bride on the back and pulling a Time Out trailer. Didn't notice any handeling problems in the rain.
I ran them with a set of Centramatics installed.
They ran as smooth as a rail. At this time I have about 6000 or so miles on them. Don't notice any wear to be conserned about right now.
I like to try different things. Think i'll try a set of Avon Cobra's next time.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
continential tires

Thats great that the contis are holding up for you....I just didn't trust them and took them off and put new bridgstones on ...before we left for N.C.I talked to Conti people and they said to send them back to the dealer I got them from but it was a mail order thing and I'm pretty much stuck.....Lessen learned buy from a dealer if not sure!!!!Ride Safe.Chuck,on my 02 wing I got 20 k out of dunlops and yes even bridgstones...This bike an 08 I'm getting 17-18 on lops and 17 from brdgstns.....Still we should be able to get 20 k safely outta these expensive tires!!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I put some more miles on mine today. It is cold here, about 50 degrees, and that may have something to do with the roughness but, I don't feel that they are a good answer. I will run them for a while but, their replacements will not be Conti Motions. Because I don't care for them, they will probably last forever.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts