GL1800Riders Forums banner

Continental Conti Motion First Impression

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Rocketman911 
#1 ·
Put this tire on the back of my 2001 and left for 1000 mile weekend trip to the Smokies. Bought the tire for the price, I will say that this is the quietest rear tire I have ever owned! Cornered great, stuck to the road like glue and had great rain and wet road handling characteristics. How this tire will wear is still in question. As of now I love this tire!

#2 ·
Every bike I have owned I put Contiental Tires on as they needed replacements, I think they're 10 times better than Dunlops. Much quieter and better in the rain. I'm about to put them on my 1800 in the next few weeks.....

#9 ·
Sure hope they are better than the junk car tires they make. Loudest most unbalance tires I have ever had. Probably the only car tire I replaced with about 1/2 the tread left on them just to get rid of the noise.

#11 ·
Load rating for the rear conti is 827lbs @42 PSI....Got that from the one I took off at 3000 mile,couldn't trust it as so much tread vibration and rumbling,frt seemed to be fine although wet traction here in Fl was poor... wish you all better luck with this tire!

#12 ·
I was looking at my front Conti Motion the other day and could not believe how bad it looks with only 7000 miles on it. I will try to get a picture posted!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.