GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about time for some new sneakers for my '04 GL1800. Would like to get some feedback from the folks who have a set of the Continentals and have put some miles on them. Would like to know the good/bad.I've tried all the other brands on my '01 that I sold with 167,500 smiles on the clock, but I'm curious about the Conti's.
Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
I can't say about current but about 10 years ago I tried a continental tire - lasted 3000 miles.
Perhaps there better now I would hope.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I'll have to go check exact mileage should be around 4000 or so. They grip real good, and ride nice. I am starting to see some feathering. I only have one on the front! So far I like it!:thumbup:

·
Registered
251 Posts
continential tires

Just put a set on last weekend,08 airbag with S-brace...Balanced very well w/minimum weights...Smooth and nice and neutral in the corners(goes in and where I want it to)....good looking tread ...I have about 450 miles so I have a ways to go but really am positive about them so far....I'll post later in the year when I have them worn in some....I think there worth a try!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just put an E3 on the front.....I would have put a Conti on if the dealer had one in stock.......Years ago that's all I used and I loved them, they were quiet and great in the rain......I'll try them again sometime.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Ive got 4000 miles on mine, good grip wet or dry. Really stable on grooved pavement. I agree with Gary....nice and neutral in the corners. No cupping front or back.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Just checked, yes I am right at 4000 miles!:thumbup:

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all who replied. Gonna try a set if the board sponsor has a Labor Day sale.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
CAWing,

I do a lot of tire testing and for reason I will not go into here right now, I did put a set of the motions on my little girl and went strait to the mountains and played in the twisties for a short time with no braking in or scuffing done to them at all, of any kind...

I only put 158 miles on these tires at that time...

When installed I did check the balance and unlike the Cobras they did require some weight, F ½ oz and R 1 ½ oz, after checking them I performed the install with no weights... I use Centramatics to balance my tires...

I did push them as heard as I’ve ever push my Cobras and found them to be very stable in tight twisties with plenty of elevation changes...

I could not bring them to push or brake loose just like my Cobras...

As I was running a test on these tires and getting ready to take a trip when I got back home I took them back off for another time and put my Cobras back on...

I now only have a little over 500+ miles on these tires and still they are very good tires, they so far perform very well in wet weather also...

Sorry I can’t help you as to how long they will last...

I hope this helps some??

Good luck with your new Conies, Personally love them so far... :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts