1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
848 Posts
Thanks, I have been wanting a way to compare the two.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I had the previous generation Contour (HD) and didn't like it at all. I didn't like not having a view finder. It was hard to tell what you were doing with it in several respects. It was locking up constantly and I'd have to pull the battery out of it to let it reboot to get it to record. It had to be connected to a computer to change the camera settings. It would make a chirping noise to let you know when you turned it on or off but not much good at 70 mph. I didn't like the perspective of the lense. The access hatch on the back of the camera broke about the second day. Seemed to be some quality issues with it. I gave it away.

Went with a GoPro with the piggy-back monitor. Makes it easy to see what you are shooting and then, you can turn the monitor off to conserve battery. It's boxier but I don't wear it on my helmet anyway. The GoPro can be used while plugged into power. To me, the GoPro is more user friendly and I don't regret buying it.

I hate to say never but at this point, I never see myself getting any more Contour products.

Z

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Just got back form a near 5000 mile trek out west on the ol' Wing. Used the GoPro for movies. Got back and put them on DVD's. They came out great!
Filmed entirely in 1080p. Very clear with a class 6 32GB card. Gets about 4 hours of movies. No problems at all with the camera except when I forgot to turn it off and put it in my pocket for about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
230 Posts
We sold these at our store and the nice thing about this cam that I liked was that it had 2 lasers that would keep the camera level.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
The lasers do nothing more than indicate where the camera is pointing. They are an alignment tool only, neat, but that's all they do.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I bought the Contour GPS and after working thru all the bugs I am very pleased with it. You can set your view and change your settings on the fly with an app from iPhone. The one thing you have to remember is that taking videos is only half of it. You will need a way to edit and post or view your adventure. This takes up space and requires a good computer to do this. The first clip below was straight out of the camera with no editing done except just shortening it. The second one was edit thru iMovie and stills added that I downloaded from another forum, a group I ride with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTGR9F4CMJ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk_dk1uH330

1 - 7 of 7 Posts