GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
As many have pointed out, it is human nature to recommend the trike kit that they purchased. The decision to trike your bike is a big one, as well as expensive. With so many manufacturers of kits, both front and rear, you owe it to yourself to explore the benefits that each presents, then actually drive as many different kinds as possible and examine all of the options available to each. I personally chose the California Sidecar Cobra XL, because it had all the things I was looking for, including a large trunk space. You should also consider fork modifications to improve steering, such as EZ Steer, that will change the fork’s rake to make steering easier.
Be prepared for completely different riding sensations, as the operation and feeling will be different, not better or worse, just different. I do miss leaning into the curves though...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hannigan would not make the cut a 2nd time

I purchased a Hannigan and had the conversion done at their plant in KY. The good news is the Trike rides like a car, best riding trike I have had a chance to ride, that is where the good news ends. They have NO quality control, and the bike has had a lot of workmanship issues, lots! In fact, the bike has had two trips to KY and two trips to my local Honda dealer for workmanship repairs. Not to mention the bike parts that were damaged during the build that Hannigan had to replace. It is still not the way it should be but Hannigan is not eager to make it right. If I want to get the rest fixed I will have to fight it out to get my labor cost re-embursed. If anyone is interested in the build issues PM me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I don't know if you are still dealer shopping but I will post. My brother had a 2010 Goldwing converted to a CSC trike in 2014 by 2 Brothers. He even had it custom painted by them from yellow to 2 tone green. He no longer owns the trike but was very satisfied with their work and never had to return to them for any issues. It was about a 600 mile round trip to 2 Brothers from where he lives. He would highly recommend them as a trike dealer or installer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
When we bought our Trike used, we test drove other makes and models and the decision for us was easy and we went with a CSC Cobra that a person had just triked out a few months prior and had added a lot of accessories to it. He was a diabetic and lost his left leg shortly after triking it and he couldn't shift it after losing his leg. He ended up buying a CanAm Spyder and we bought his Trike after he traded it for the CanAm.
Good deal for us!

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
STAY AWAY FROM KEENE NEW HAMPSHIRE.........TRIKE PLACE .............................. CYCLE DESIGN
THIS GUY WILL RIP YOU OFF...............BIG TIME!
VERY, VERY SHAKY

Ronnie

21 - 25 of 25 Posts