GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I’ve been a lurker for about a year now.
I picked up my new 08 Dark Red Wing about two weeks ago. I traded in my VTX, which I loved, for the comfort, power and looks of a Goldwing.
This machine is remarkable. Smooth as silk and plenty of power to spare. I’m thrilled!
I have found this message board remarkably helpful in learning about the Goldwing. Thanks to all.
At this point I only have one or two questions. What type of oil should I use and do I need to replace the crush-washer after each oil change? ;) (I’m really just kidding)
Thanks again for all the helpful information
Terry

·
Registered
746 Posts
WELCOME ABOARD!

Now Ya done it!
Two things will draw moths to the flames 'round here fer sure:
1: Oil
2: Tire
:joke:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Gotta admire a guy who rides a Wing AND has a witty sense of humor. Welcome and ride safe!

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride and welcome aboard! :congrats:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Welcome aboard and Congrats on the new ride. I know you'll enjoy it for a long time if you follow the most important rule about oil and crush washers:

Put the crush washer and drain plug back in the oil pan BEFORE pouring in the new oil. It makes it really hard to get a full level reading on the dipstick when the dipstick trying to read it let all the new oil out on the driveway. (I really haven't done this one for a long time now. The medication is helping).

·
Registered
251 Posts
Crush washers! We don't need any stinking crush washers!

No, really, congratulations :congrats: and welcome to the Wing and to the forum. You will enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
645 Posts
welcome aboard - you've been reading the board for a while so you know we're a mixed bunch -- me? I went to the hardware store and bought about a pound of crush washers for 59 cents...

Ride safe on that new bike of yours.

Cheers!

http://www.jimnlyn.com

·
Registered
213 Posts
Welcome

Well :congrats: one the new Wing for one thing stay away from this board. These guy's will have you taking Drugs and talking to you self all the way to the chrome shop!!!!!!!

Again congrat's and many safe miles ahead.:nojoke:

Bob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts