GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI
Anyone who knows if it is posibly to convert the odometer on the 07 GL1800 from miles to kilometers

Poul :D

S

·
0 Posts
Well actually... if you change the complete speedo , I have done it in the past without a hitch .

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Yup, whole speedo ass'y must be replaced and it'll conver all the displays to metric.. My wife's bike is from Canada and we've been looking for someone to swap with....

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HI
When I look in the parts fiche for a 07 GL1800 NAV/AIRBAG I see three different parts number 37110-MCA-A71, 37110-MCA-A81, and 37110-MCA-H31, these 3 number have an area code 7A, 8A, and 5A.
Which one will fit the 07 and have kilometres on the ODO I don’t know.
The price is about $300+
Poul

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi
I took a closer look at the parts fiche, and in the section "How to use this catalog" I found this.

3A=Basic
4A=With Comfort
5A=With Comfort/Navi
7A=With Comfort/Navi/ABS
8A=With Comfort/Navi/ABS/Airbag

My new GL1800 is with Airbag, and then it must be the 8A parts number 37110-MCA-A81, but it is probably miles on thi odo, and not kilometers.

Poul

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
What about one of those speedo correction accessories?

You'd need about about a 60% correction factor to convert from mph to kph ... are they capable of that much "correction"?

I'm not familiar with them but this one says "expanded correction" range,
I'm not sure how much change it could make, guess you'd have to contact them:

http://www.activemediatours.com/motorcy ... healer.htm

Dennis

·
Registered
578 Posts
I once picked up a Canadian Harley. Harley sold a transparent sticker overlay that converted the read to mph. Worked fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts