GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its gona be a cool ride to work this morning, 28 degrees. They are saying teens Friday morning.:eek:4: I hope the bike cranks.:frown: Wonder if this Louisiana boy can handle it? The coldest ride to work I have ever done was 24 and foggy. The front of the bike looked like one big snow ball. :lol:

PS
Did I mention I have to leave before the sun comes up too.:wrong:

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
I don't like cold... !! so my bike will stay where it is until someone up north closes the dang door !! and PLEASE HURRY

cosmic

·
Registered
900 Posts
Don't feel bad, Joey... I was out there with you this morning. Temp was 27 degrees. 'Course I left at around 7:00a.m. so the sun was up - and at least provided the illusion of warmth...

Unfortunately, there was also a three vehicle accident (2 cars & a semi) on the beltway that I take to get to work that added 45 minutes to my commute. Nothin' quite like sittin' on a beltway "parking lot" in sub-freezing temperatures...

Why don't we have a motorcycle lane?!?!?

Oh... Did I mention how much I love my Gerbing's gloves?!?!

Oh... BTW... Did I also mention how much I hate this global warming?!?!

(When the "flaming" starts it should help to warm me up some...)

Ride safe, and...
Ride OFTEN!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I posted a thread the other day re: tupperware cracking, we had near record cold temps in Alaska. Well the high pressure front started to move out of our area yesterday and we've had a 65 degree swing in temps. The arctic front has move down to the midwest and beyond. I hope it dosen't last as long for you guys/gals as it did for us (over 2 weeks). It's currently raining, everything is frozen like an ice rink and we're expecting 95 mph gust on the hillside in the Anchorage area and schools are closed because if the ice conditions.
Keep the faith this to will pass, be safe out there.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
25 when I left home this morning and 27 mid way.
29 at work
It was fun :D
NOT

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
Mine took an extra second to start

·
Registered
821 Posts
I also rode thismorning when it was 27, but I have a very short ride. The grips don't even get heated good before I get to work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts