If you're being truly proper, remove/empty/fill overflow tank

Have a cool one as a reward

Roy

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roy,

Where is the drain plug? Also, since the bike is down, can I have the cool one now?

thanks,
dale

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Drain plug is in the front middle, behind the vac resevoir.

I would recommend the overflow change as well. The tank is in the middle and is a little tricky to get to the hoses.

Can have no more than two cool ones while performing these tasks, but then cannot ride until BAC is under .04.

Good luck....

·
Registered
109 Posts
coolant question

On doing coolant changes has anybody tried to vacuum in the new coolant like you do on cars using the Airlift tool setup?
Been thinking of trying to do it on my bike that way but would have to rig an adapter for it.

·
Registered
747 Posts
i think the key is to drain the freeze, fill with distilled H20, run till real warm, drain again(it will still have alot of green in it), repeat, drain again and fill with honda 50/50. did the same with the overflow tank but used a pump on a 3/8 drill to get most of the green out.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I got to my nearest animal vet and get a gig stringe for large animals and put a hose on it and suck out coolant in res. tanks this way, also what I use on rear hub oil change and to suck new brake fluid through brake lines on a brakefluid chang , of course a new one for each fluid vet may charge you about .50 cents for a really big syringe, snow...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts