GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to flush my coolant and then refill. I've been searching the parts fiches for the sealing washer on the coolant drain bolt...........no luck. Can someone tell me which fiche it is listed on. Thanks.

·
Registered
496 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies. I'm all for saving a buck, but at $1.97 I'm not going to diverge from the OEM path.......lol
I go cheaper yet... I just reuse the old one. Boy, I am really in trouble now!

·
Registered
8,581 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies. I'm all for saving a buck, but at $1.97 I'm not going to diverge from the OEM path.......lol
See - that's how it starts. A dollar here, a buck there - and pretty much before you know it you're suddenly in for "Real Money"... :tongue:

Soon - you'll be reading all the tech manuals - trying to determine if you are using the correct brand of slippery fluid - how many miles it's been since you last rotated your tires - if you remembered to put the radiator cap on tight from your last fluid change (you DO change the fluids -- right??)

Alas - the downward spiral has begun - there is limited hope for you now.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I just took a washer with me and I get em at a auto store. Lot less money and made by Honda.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
:agree: But I do turn it over, before I replace the plug...just like it says in "Alabama Honda ******* Service Manual"
That's odd the Ohio Honda ******* Service Manual says the same thing... But I rarely use the manual.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
yea. They are for Honda cars but they are the same. I think I paid $2.00 for 10 of em.
Manufacturing, marketingand distribution costs do not determine retail prices. The marketplace does. I am fairly sure that Honda and other vehicle manufacturers buy parts such as this from vendors rather than manufacture them in house.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts