GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 goldwing with 90k and getting coolant leak (drip) steady with engine running,but shut off with 18 psi on cooling system doesn't leak.Can see it drip between case and front of coolant bottle.Removed gas tank to gain visual access but didn't see anything,will add coolant dye and retest with detector,but until then any ideas on what it might be?

Thanks Johnnieb

·
Registered
693 Posts
leak

I had a leak in another motorcycle. It was very small, I finally found it in one of the hoses. This was after the dealer told me the hoses never ever leaked.I suspected a hose and when I was buying replacements was when I was told.

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
jj; take a gander at the water pump and note the weep hole on its back side. Is that the source of the Nile? If so, new pump is needed. Some times they only leak when pump is turnig.

prs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input sounds like a good possibility,is the water pump just above the coolant bottle at the back of the engine?

·
Vendor
17,415 Posts
The best view of a water pump leak is with the alt. removed. If you need the coolant addapters to pressure test, they are available from my web page.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts