GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't recall whether or not I had passed this along before or not, but recently I managed to acquire a hole in the lower back side of the tank. I was using a protective cover produced by Ready Products which is "L" shaped to cover the front and bottom area which one would think would be enough. Well as I mentioned it ended up on the back side. So much for that idea, so I guess it's on to the Tulsa belly pan for full coverage. Absolutely no Idea how the puncture happen, I'm just glad it didn't dump on the rear tire all at once.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Tulsa

I have the Tulsa Belly pan Gary. Very easy install. One word of caution tho. Take care when you tighten the bolts on the sides that hold it in place. They will snap off quite easily as others have told me before my install. I can take some pics of mine in place if you wish ?

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Gary

What do you Californians do? Ride backwards?

Tell ya what, you show up here in June with the "Silver Cloud" and I will purchase the Tulsa for ya.

Also, you don't even want me to reveal the challenge that you were handed back in August. Lots of folks would wonder......LOL

Dawg

J

·
0 Posts
Gary, you gotta stop ....

Riding through the construction sites (lots of screws and nails) and stay off of them dirt roads with all the sticks, rocks and stuff.
:D

PS. I'd take Bulldog up on his offer ... Ride your bike over to his place and get a FREE belly-pan. How can you pass that up?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Did I hear Challenge ??????

And what pray tell would this challenge BE ? Now do not leave us all in the dark Mr. Bulldog ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know how it happened...........Trying to keep up with a Yellow Wing :) It just burned a hole in it ............hehehehehe.

Tulsa wouldn't have helped.

G

·
0 Posts
Yellowfever said:
I know how it happened...........Trying to keep up with a Yellow Wing :) It just burned a hole in it ............hehehehehe.

Tulsa wouldn't have helped.
:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts