GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago I bought a coolant tank protector that is made of a piece of plexie glass that is bent to protect the coolant tank. It attaches to the bottom of the tank with two sided tape.
My question is does anyone know where I can find another one? I have a buddy looking for one and I dont remember where I ordered it from.
It works great and I am not intrested in any information reguarding belly pans. I would appreciate your help.
Thanks
Kurt:thumbup:

D

·
0 Posts
About a year ago I bought a coolant tank protector that is made of a piece of plexie glass that is bent to protect the coolant tank. It attaches to the bottom of the tank with two sided tape.
My question is does anyone know where I can find another one? I have a buddy looking for one and I dont remember where I ordered it from.
It works great and I am not intrested in any information reguarding belly pans. I would appreciate your help.
Thanks
If you find out or remember let me know too!

Geof

·
Registered
999 Posts
Don't you hate it when a guy posts a question and somebody answers a different question?

At any rate, for about $3 you can make something to do the same thing. I went to Home Depot and bought a piece of flashing big enough to cover the bottom of the tank. Using heavy duty scissors (or snips) I simply cut out a piece the shape of the bottom of the tank and stuck it on with heavy duty double stick tape. Problem solved without a belly pan..

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand what your saying but this piece is already fabricated and works great. If I cant find it than I will make him one. But im really trying to avoid that. lol

·
Registered
477 Posts
I just returned the coolant tank protector I purchased from VP because it was cut too wide. Make sure he sends you one that is fabricated properly. The factory made some of them the wrong size. VP issued me a full refund.

http://www.vpaccessories.com/1800.htm

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Crackerjack thanks, Thats exactly the link I was looking for.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Genius at solving wing problems

Fellows we've got the greatest bunch in the world solving wing problems with ingenuity to create parts and work-arounds. We should start our own road cruiser factory and build them right, With just enough margin to keep the factory running and pay us a reasonable salary. And above all keep the company private. Every time you go public it creates mountains of problems.:thumbup:

This is indeed a great source of information.

·
Registered
179 Posts
coolant tank protector

You can use an old aluminum license plate and make your own protector. I would recommend using the 3m brand double sticky tape. It seems to hold up the best. Also before applying to any surface clean the surface with alcohol to remove any oil.

Doing it this way your only cost is the tape and a little time.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Wonder how well double sided tape holds up in a hot, oily environment? If the sheild comes loose you're gonna drive over it.

R

·
0 Posts
PM me and maybe we can work on it together. I was a machinist for 21 years and now do home repair. Im in NW Houston and a pretty handy guy.
Just saw your post for the first time just now but now I can't remember what my good idea was. :lol:

Bet it had to do with a cooling tank protector though... DUH! :shrug:

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I just took a piece of 14ga aluminum, cut it to shape, bent the front to wrap around the tank then siliconed it it place. Noth'n purdy but it don't have to be.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Are the holding tanks that susceptible to damage ?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts