GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather for Rockies-Gold is looking pretty good, especially in Montrose. Temps in the 70s during day and 50s at night. A cold front pushed through Colorado and many places got a lot of rain last night. Our high school football game saw lots of action, but it was in the sky with heavy rains and amazing lightning. Game was postponed until today (not a cloud in the sky at 9am).

Cooler weather has arrived and there is a feeling of fall in the air at my place at 8,500 feet. Last night's low was 44, at 9am it is 49 deg, and today's high is projected to be 62 deg. Warmer in the lowlands, of course.

If coming to Colorado, be sure to bring clothes for warm and cool as you will probably see both in the same day.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Frost here in Montana this morning. :sad:

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
If coming to Colorado, be sure to bring clothes for warm and cool as you will probably see both in the same day.
It is ramping up to be a beautiful week here in paradise.

The aspens have started to turn here at PODO world headquarters.

I don't expect to see much color at the lower altitudes around Montrose, but might have a little over some of the passes.

It'll be nice and cool in the mornings so bundle up before you head out.

See ya'll out here...SOON!!!!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I left Steamboat at daylight Tue. morning and I didn't have to go very far for it to hit 37*. Then up to 95* later in the day in Kansas.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Glad you guys are getting a break on the weather. We set a record high here last week......106.

Little late in the year for that kind of crap, isn't it??:lol:

2,732 Posts
Hope you are all as lucky

Hope you are all as lucky as I was last week. Spent 5 days riding Ouray, Telluride, Montrose, Durango, Crested Butte, Aspen, Independance Pass and surrounding vicinity. We only had about 5 minutes of rain as we pulled into Ouray for our hotel (Vintage Inn) but they waved us in under the canopy especially reserved for motorcyclists (they said). We did catch about an hour of rain over Monarch Pass and Kenosha Pass as we returned to Loveland, but for 5 days of riding, there were no complaints.

If you can spend a little time walking around Redstone, CO, I'd advise you to do that and you can do lunch along the river at several little mom & pop restaurants places too. We stayed one night at the Redstone Inn, a real treat! Then take the short 5 mile jaunt up to Marble, CO where much of the Washington monument marble was mined.

I agree with PODO, some of the aspen are just starting to turn. You might be about two to three weeks early for the really beautiful color in the high country.

Just heard the temp is going to be 34 degrees in Leadville tonight....that means the aspen will be turning golden yellow and rosy red soon, can't wait!!

The cool weather today and for the next couple of days is very welcome to all the local Coloradoans. This 95 degree weather is just too darn hot (I know it's a dry heat :>) and 75 degrees is going to feel doggone nice for a change. It will hurry the leaf color change too!

Interestingly, we saw way more Goldwings than Harleys on this trip. Probably 5 to 1 ratio.

:tongue:

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I left Steamboat at daylight Tue. morning and I didn't have to go very far for it to hit 37*. Then up to 95* later in the day in Kansas.
Turn around, you're going the wrong way!! J/K, The cold front came through yesterday, real nice now 78*

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Hey Dave
Send a little of that cool over here in Ut.:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
I've been to Leadville a couple of times. Great Chinese restaurant there. They have some claim to fame. Highest incorporated city?

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
I've been to Leadville a couple of times. Great Chinese restaurant there. They have some claim to fame. Highest incorporated city?
I think it was the highest till Alma incorporated here a year or so ago.

Weather out here is extraordinary!!

The sky is a blue that you will not see anywhere else in the country.

The air has just started to get that crisp Fall feel.

Come on out and enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Dang, these pics really make me mad I don't have enough vacation days to make Rockies Gold this year!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts