GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 GL1800D
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to purchase one of these. I've looked at the Stant 12270 and the Maddox. I'm trying to find one that will work without having to purchase adapters I'll never use. The Stant is available online for $57 but not the greatest reviews. The Maddox has better reviews but considerably more expensive and comes with many adapters. This is for a 2018 DCT Tour. If anyone has one or knows definitively what will work please include brand and model # in your reply. Thanks.

·
Vendor
18,082 Posts
I want to purchase one of these. I've looked at the Stant 12270 and the Maddox. I'm trying to find one that will work without having to purchase adapters I'll never use. The Stant is available online for $57 but not the greatest reviews. The Maddox has better reviews but considerably more expensive and comes with many adapters. This is for a 2018 DCT Tour. If anyone has one or knows definitively what will work please include brand and model # in your reply. Thanks.
I use the Stant at least twice a week, and have been using the same one since 2007 with no problems. In the auto repair industry, it's by far the most popular one.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I go to the local auto parts store and borrow theirs - can't justify buying another tool that will gather dust and the seals dry out based on my infrequent need. If I was still in the business, I'd get one in a heartbeat. Good profit center and big help in diagnosing cooling system problems.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I go to the local auto parts store and borrow theirs - can't justify buying another tool that will gather dust and the seals dry out based on my infrequent need. If I was still in the business, I'd get one in a heartbeat. Good profit center and big help in diagnosing cooling system problems.
To add to his suggestion.

They also have the small Honda cap neck adapter to loan out.

·
Registered
2018 GL1800D
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use the Stant at least twice a week, and have been using the same one since 2007 with no problems. In the auto repair industry, it's by far the most popular one.
Have you used this model 12270 on the new goldwings and do the adapters that come with it fit both the filler neck and radiator cap? Just want to be sure.

·
Vendor
18,082 Posts
Have you used this model 12270 on the new goldwings and do the adapters that come with it fit both the filler neck and radiator cap? Just want to be sure.
Good question ... however I've not pressure tested a 6th gen yet. All my customers who have them are not due for their 3yr pressure test yet, or are avoiding maintenance, or are upgrading to the "Fatboy" trunk. But here's the good news ... Honda uses the same radiator cap as the 2006-17 5th gen models, so that means both adapters (radiator and cap) will fit, so that only leave the question of adapter interference at the radiator. I doubt there's an issue there, or Honda would make and show a special adapter in the beginning of the Cooling System section in the Service Manual. You should be able to purchase the pressure tester, and both adapters with confidence that all will work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts