GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read Bartman's post a few weeks back about the CoolWingRider vest and I'd like to compare it to the Glacier Tek Cool Vest I saw at WD in Knoxville.

The Coolvest is more expensive at $169 and $103 for the extra set of packs but I'm wondering if would cool longer because it looks like the packs are larger and they state they cool at 59F vs the 65F of the coolwingrider set.

The CoolWingRider set of packs state they are 400g and the larger vest CWR sells comes with the 800g packs.

Does anyone have any direct experience comparing the two?
Should I be comparing the larger CoolWingRider vest with the larger packs at $299 (vest with 2 sets of packs) to the CoolVest with an extra set of packs at $169 plus $103 for the second set?

The CoolVest is a mesh and the CoolWingRider vest is a solid material. I would be wearing this under a jacket so this might not make a difference.

I like to save money but if there is a significant difference I'll spend a few more bucks.

The price difference is $179 for the CWR with 2 sets of standard packs or the larger CWR vest with 2 sets of the larger packs for $299

vs

The CoolVest $169 + $103 for spare pack set = $272

Anyone compare the packs from these 3 vests side by side?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bart....I'll probably take you up on that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts