GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you rode your Wings to the Copper Canyon in Mexico?
If so, are the roads paved all the way?
What kind of accommadations can I expect?

TIA,
Harold

·
Registered
126 Posts
Pancho Villa MotoTours takes their bunch down there. I've seen a presentation they did at WingDing a couple of years ago, and as I recall they load the bikes onto rail cars for the final portion of the trip. You might also want to be aware that there are places down there where us Gringo's don't want to be.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've been to the copper canyon with the Pancho Villa moto tour company.We had a good trip and had no problems. The company does a first class job. Go for it. Tom

·
Registered
676 Posts
We hauled light dual sport bikes to Creel 2 years ago. Main roads into Creel are fine for Goldwing. All roads down into canyon are rough dirt and definetly not suitable for a Goldwing. We rode down into Batopilas, crossed canyon, and Urique River, and back to Creel along north rim of canyon. Two of us were on Honda XR650R's and one on KTM650. Would not go into bottom of canyon on anything larger than KLR650 although some will say OK for BMW GS.
With Goldwing, stay out of canyon, avoid summer rainy season and winter snow in high country. Creel has many motels and you don't need reservations. Creel is good one day ride from Douglas or two days from Nogales. Also have friends who rode south from Creel to Durango and then Mazatlin and reported all roads were very good
Go for it..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts