GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a different seat. Had a Saddleman Roadsofa on my '03 and it was fine. The stock seat on my '06 is awful. After an hour and a half I can't stand it. If this is "Monkey Butt", it's a good thing I'm not a monkey....I would have to shoot myself.

I don't want to lose my stock control of the heated seat and see on the Corbin website they now offer a seat that's a direct plug in. The lowered bowl shaped saddle area looks like just what I need. At $1400 bucks it is a hard upgrade to swallow but it has to be better than the stock seat. I'm going to order one...will post what sort of delivery time they quote and hopefully will be able to post a good review some time this summer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have always been a fan of Corbin saddles. The Corbin saddle solved all my stock seating problems on an '08.
They are fortunate that they produce a very high quality product, ( for those who like the firm support the seats offer).They will not win any prizes for customer service or on time delivery. When I ordered my seat they quoted me 8 weeks, I finally got it in 12. I called a few times to check the status of my order and noone seemed to be concerned about the delay.
Fortunately when I finally received the seat it was flawless and exactly as I ordered it with the custom fit and features.Heat works better than original with stock controls.
For the amount of time I plan to keep the bike it was worth every penny.
The company has survived because of their quality. How much longer they can continue on that alone is in question.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input Ken. Yes, I've heard their delivery times are slow and customer service is non existant...but the seats are worth it.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
russell day long will use your factory pan, and wires to build a seat for you

around $1000 with passenger and driver backrests, delivered

1 - 4 of 4 Posts