GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, as I do alot, has any bought the corbin seat for their ride, at 1300~1500 I was a little taken aback.... :thumbup:

Matt(BCNV) :cool:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Matt. I didn't buy one but had one on my trike when I bought it. I rode on it for 5000 miles and traded it for an Ultimate. The heat was nice but I could not get comfortable on it.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Corbin heated seats

I have had a Corbin seat since I bought my Wing. Heated with seperate hi/lo heat settings for both myself and my better half. I have the back rest also. Love the Corbin!!!! Longest one day ride was last August from Rapid City,S.D. to Minot N.D. and had no trouble.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Matt ask yourself this question."Do you have Buns of Steel?"
The folks I know that had the Corbin call it a "Cement saddle" and got rid of it.They also said when the tried to get it adjusted,Corbin customer service was"I'll say-not satisfying" but they used other words,and were angry.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I was wondering, as I do alot, has any bought the corbin seat for their ride, at 1300~1500 I was a little taken aback.... :thumbup:

Matt(BCNV) :cool:
Many of the dealers will sell for less (less than the Corbin website). I recently purchased with a 20% discount. Love the seat...really is not as hard as what people say....I guess a personal thing...

Zeebo

·
Registered
366 Posts
Corbin

Many of the dealers will sell for less (less than the Corbin website). I recently purchased with a 20% discount. Love the seat...really is not as hard as what people say....I guess a personal thing...

Zeebo

My son has a Corbin seat on his 1500. I have ridden on it a fair amount. It is firm, but the most comfortable seat I have ever ridden on. I have a Saddleman Road Sofa, and I would trade it in a NY minute.

·
15 year Member
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I too had a saddlemen on my 2002 and it was hard as a rock , but I likes it.. after 500 miles or so it was VERY comfortable.... I will have to sit in one I guess......

Thanks all

Matt(BCNV):lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Matt I have bought 2 used Wings, both had heated Corbin seats. The one on 03 Wing looks great, has oval shaped back rest and is pretty hard, looks the best in my opinion, and I like it. The other is pretty new, came on the 08, is much softer,, has a non oval backrest, and is also very comfortable, but does move me forward just a bit. Yesterday I saw another Wing with a Corbin heated, and it was different then either of my 2, so I would say look at the website, they make many different models, different amount of softness, but most will always say is one of the best looking seats also. Randy

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the heated Corbin. While it was a tad bit hard at first, I adjusted to it and do like it. It seems to be designed for a person of larger "diameter" than me, tends to want me to ride further forward than I like. I did modify the back rest location to make it more comfortable to me. Also freed some space in the back seat.

·
Registered
87 Posts
First off, I am not bashing anyones seat nor trying to say one is better than the other, what's good for me may suck for you. I have the heated corbin on my 06 wing. I first tried a saddlemen road sofa and it was fair but really no better than stock to me. I then ordered a ultimate mid rider since most on here will say they are the most comfortable they've ever sat on, well it was worse than stock for me. I then ordered the corbin and am very happy with it so far. It is a hard seat, but it support me under my thigh and leg more instead of putting all of the pressure on my tailbone area. I'm 5'9" at 200lbs with a 29" inseam. I will say that if you have never had an aftermarket seat look into the ones who offer a return policy first, you may just find one you like. These seats are way too much money to not be happy with them.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I have a Corbin heated seat and really love it longest ride is 1512 miles in 23 3/4 hours. Have had the seat now for 5 years rode it to Alaska in 07 so comfortable.

When I returned from Alaska the back rest pivot bracket had a broken weld sent it back to Corbin and they didnt attempt to repair it they sent me a totally new seat. I have no customer complaints at all

·
Registered
583 Posts
Matt ask yourself this question."Do you have Buns of Steel?"
The folks I know that had the Corbin call it a "Cement saddle" and got rid of it.They also said when the tried to get it adjusted,Corbin customer service was"I'll say-not satisfying" but they used other words,and were angry.
The Corbin seat is not for everyone. I have had one on three GoldWings and I love them. Yes they are expensive, but if you do a lot of long distance touring they are the best seat for me. Alice also has one on her Wing and loves it. I got real lucky and got one brand new in the box from a GL1800 forum memebr for 1/2 price.

I will echo a bit of what Rocky said. While I do love their seat, their customer service is less than ok, alright, it down right sucks. Of course that's just my opinion......I could be wrong (but not this time).

GM

1 - 14 of 14 Posts