GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Corbin Master's Type saddle on my 2008 have had it since last october and never had any problems, Im on Day 18 and about 6000 miles into a three week vacation, this is the first long trip i have taken since buying this seat, ive had 200 - 400 miles days and never a problem

but after the 1st day of this trip its like i cant get comfortable with the back rest, i keep getting a back ache mid back after about 100 miles as far as my a$$ goes im fine all day long, i think it has something to do with the contour of the backrest its dished out.

i did 1500 miles in 30 hours last year with a different seat that had a utopia backrest and had the utopia since the bike had 2000 miles and never had any problemsgot a little over 46000 now

does anyone know of any flat back rests that would fit the Corbin? and would ride a little lower on my back?

below is the seat i have with Corbin Heat

http://www.corbin.com/honda/gw18.shtml

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
take the seat off, look at underside. Backrest is adj.

yea i can adjust it forward or backward a couple inchs with the thumb screw what i need is it be lower but the bottom of the backrest already touching the seat

·
Registered
35 Posts
utopia backrest company will do custom order where they can make you a backrest that will fit your Corbin Seat. I never like the corbin Backrest.

al

·
Registered
77 Posts
Handlebar risers setback 2 inches

Try adding a set of handlebar risers with setback of 2 inches. Worked for me.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Try adding a set of handlebar risers with setback of 2 inches. Worked for me.

I agree, the handlebars are the problem not the backrest. You are reaching with your arms. I installed my risers and it made a huge difference

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Corbin makes several different backrests. I believe the one that comes with the Masters Saddle is 13" high. They make several in the 8-9" range. You can usually find several on Ebay and they will fit all Corbin seats.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Corbin makes several different backrests. I believe the one that comes with the Masters Saddle is 13" high. They make several in the 8-9" range. You can usually find several on Ebay and they will fit all Corbin seats.

ditto!

Call corbin and speak with customer service. You are not restricted to the backrest that came with the seat. Many options on there website.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree, the handlebars are the problem not the backrest. You are reaching with your arms. I installed my risers and it made a huge difference
have had kury risers on since bike had 1000 miles now has 45000, I came home from yellowstone and took seat off and pulled the bolt out that holds back rest in and used a little longer one that came with the seat and it jacked the backrest forward a couple inchs and with the top adjustment set now i just rode about 1500 miles this past weekend with some 450 miles strectes at a time and never had any more problems.

thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts