GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used corbin master saddle w/ heat and along with seat to bike mounting issues (I guess I'll have to work that out myself), where do you connect the wires for the seat heaters? I'd like them to only turn on when the ignition is on.

·
DSI Keeper
9,120 Posts
Mark, I am in the same boat as you. I had mine wired directly to the battery, but I am always worried I will forget to turn it off, or have it accidently turned on. What we will need to do, is introduce a relay into this circut. The relay will be tied into our system and turns on by the ignition switch. I might use something like this:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Corbin heat current draw

Yeppir, the corbin fusing that came with the saddle are 30amp. I would think the corbin folks would make a plug and play connector to the existing GL 1800 harness for their saddle heating............but it doesn't look like it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have my Corbin wired directly into the accessory output. No problems yet, but I haven't run both front and back heaters either.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I also have the corbin master saddle that came with my trike when I bought it. It is wired into the acc. position in the fuse box. The instructions that came with it says to wire there and also includes a pic. of the acc. terminals. I have only had one heater on at a time but it has worked fine this way so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts