Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD
For sale dual heated Corbin seat with 2 backrests. Seat was bought new a month ago.
I recently bought a ultimate tall boy seat and decided to keep the ultimate.
The reason I tried the ultimate is I wanted a seat that sits a little higher. The Corbin sits farther back but at least an inch lower than the ultimate.
So the Corbin is for sale for $800 shipped. Seat is pretty much new with 2 backrests.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Same seat. Corbin lists the same part numbers. You just wouldn’t need the 2nd backrest.

·
Registered
315 Posts
to bad it want fit my 2014, but good luck on the sale!!!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Does the heat just wire direct to the battery?

Does this have the cooling function as well that's mentioned on the Corbin site?

Any custom tweaks you had Corbin do when they built it for you?

Does it come with a plug that fools the Wing to thinking an oem heated seat is plugged in, or does it flash something on the dash? This question is regarding if used on a Tour model Wing? :shrug:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Great buy on a really comfortable seat. Yes they are a bit firm but pretty comfortable when you first sit on it and the best part is the comfort level never changes. It feels as good at the end of the day as it felt when you started out. The heat works better on the Corbin seat than on most other heated seats I've had. Since my Wing did not come with a heated seat I'm not bothered by the flashing dash light. However I do have an intermittent hill stop light, I really am not bothered by such a small flashing light.

This is a great buy for someone. It's probably been broken in by the original owner. It takes a couple thousand miles to break them in.

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
Does the heat just wire direct to the battery?

Does this have the cooling function as well that's mentioned on the Corbin site?

Any custom tweaks you had Corbin do when they built it for you?

Does it come with a plug that fools the Wing to thinking an oem heated seat is plugged in, or does it flash something on the dash? This question is regarding if used on a Tour model Wing? :shrug:
my 09 corbin seat plugs direct to factory connector. awesome looking seat

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry been on the boat all day.

The heater wires into the 2 screws in the fuse panel. It’s switched power. I don’t know about a light on the dash as i have a standard goldwing.
This seat isn’t broken in yet. It doesn’t have 200 miles on it.

I can say that this seat is more comfortable than the ultimate. It just fits the contour of your butt. Making you feel like your sitting in it. The ultimate sits you higher which I want. But it’s more like sitting on a padded bench than a comfortable seat “my opinion”. It’s just two different sitting positions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No air conditioning. Just dual heat. No modifications. It’s just the way Corbin makes them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do u take pay pal? Iv never had a Corbin, are they a hard seat. Had an ultimate on my Indian Roadmaster but it sat you more into the seat than the Goldwing ultimate seats do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The driver backrest fits into a spring loaded hole. It pushes forward for getting on and off. Plus it has an Allen bolt for sitting adjustments. The rear just uses the Allen bolt adjustment. I never used the rear backrest. Just for photo

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Looks great, how was the fit?
Is it hard to take off the backrest?
Is the Corbin as hard to sit on as people say?
Do you get set back in the seat as compared to the stocker?
Have you hooked up the heat?
Did you get the dummy plug to turn off the dash light?

Sorry for all the questions, looking to buy a new seat.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I just ordered a new Cordin for my 2014 wing, with heat, they did tell me i didn't need any adapter, all heated items would work with no problems.. looking foreword to the Corbin,always wanted one just didn't have the funds at that time..this is what i ordered for by blacked out wing!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks great, how was the fit?
Is it hard to take off the backrest?
Is the Corbin as hard to sit on as people say?
Do you get set back in the seat as compared to the stocker?
Have you hooked up the heat?
Did you get the dummy plug to turn off the dash light?

Sorry for all the questions, looking to buy a new seat.
Yes, you have to remove the seat to install or remove the backrest
Yes it’s very firm, hard as a rock. But looks great. But also still more comfortable than the stock seat.
Yeah you set more in the seat, maybe a little further back but hard to tell.
Yeah I hooked it into the screw terminals on the fuse box, the seat icons do blink on the dash but no big deal.
Nope no dummy plug, if it starts to bug me I’ll figure a way around it.

Personally I like a softer seat, not sure if it’s a keeper yet. I do like the backrest, wish it was easier to remove but at least you don’t have to worry about someone stealing it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry missed the first question
It was a pain to get the bolts To line up with the holes in the frame, had to muscle them in but managed not to cross thread. No prongs at the front of the seat like the stocker but seams like it will be ok with just the bolts.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sorry missed the first question
It was a pain to get the bolts To line up with the holes in the frame, had to muscle them in but managed not to cross thread. No prongs at the front of the seat like the stocker but seams like it will be ok with just the bolts.
I had someone sit on the seat facing the opposite way when I installed my Corbin.

PITA for sure.

Need to take it back off now to install the Traxxion hand rails. Will hard wire the fire/ice then.

Have Corbin seats on both of my silverwings also.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.