GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 2016 Wing with a Corbin seat with driver's backrest.
That back rest is in the way when his wife rides with him.
Does anyone know if that back rest is removeable, and if so, how the heck do you get it off?
It mounts with a single square shaft through a hole in the seat. And there is a second round hole that looks like a finger hole just an inch or so behind the back rest mount.
We're hoping that it can be easily removed or reinstalled.
Thank you, gang.

·
Registered
260 Posts
My buddy has a 2016 Wing with a Corbin seat with driver's backrest.
That back rest is in the way when his wife rides with him.
Does anyone know if that back rest is removeable, and if so, how the heck do you get it off?
It mounts with a single square shaft through a hole in the seat. And there is a second round hole that looks like a finger hole just an inch or so behind the back rest mount.
We're hoping that it can be easily removed or reinstalled.
Thank you, gang.

You need to push the backrest forward to access the bolt that adjust Backrest.... NOT THE Knurled screw you can see on the back or the Backrest itself,, that only adjusts the angle of the top section.
The one you want is inside the seat. The access hole is the seat behind the Backrest and the bolt should be an Allen Bolt.
Back the adjusting bolt all the way out remove the bolt to remove the Backrest. That same bolt can be adjusted or even replaced with a shorter or longer bolt to adjust how far the Backrest pushes against you.
A quick google search "Corbin backrest adjust" should help if this sounds confusing.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok, thank you.
I'll take another look it the next time he and I get together.

P.S. I just did a search and found a great diagram on Corbin's
website that shows how it comes off.
I passed it on to him.
If he can't figure it out now, there is something wrong with him. LOL!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts