GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a Corbin heated seat (used)that came from a 09 wing,and the plugins are different than my 08.The 08 has 1 large plugin and the 09 seat has 2 smaller ones. Any suggestions on how to make this work? Ditchdigger

·
Registered
441 Posts
It may have come off of an 09, but it sounds like the Corbin I have on my 05. Mine has two small connectors and it wires directly to the battery.

·
Registered
84 Posts
plug

Sounds like the orig. seat.Not a plug and play if you have heated grips.

Terry

I just picked up a Corbin heated seat (used)that came from a 09 wing,and the plugins are different than my 08.The 08 has 1 large plugin and the 09 seat has 2 smaller ones. Any suggestions on how to make this work? Ditchdigger

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have a Corbin heated seat on my 08 Goldwing...1 large connector is all I have too. Good luck, hope you get it figured out.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I guess that I can put the factory one on in the winter and use it.I really like the Corbin though,and maybe I can find a pigtail through Corbin to hook it up. I gave $500 for it and driver,and the passenger backrest,so I guess I'm Okay on it. Ditchdigger

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
There are two types of Corbin heated seats: One type replaces the factory heated seat that comes with the comfort package and one that is for models without the comfort package and heated seat. I've never seen the one that replaces the OEM heated seat, but the others have 2 small plugs and a harness that hooks to the fuse panel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts