GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some real world observations and feedback on the Corbin seat for the Wing.
I feel little cramped on the stock seat, been considering other routes also, but after considering overall cost, they are all pretty close to the Corbin.
Had one on the Venture and loved it after it broke in, like the looks of it, however I am conerned that it will interfere with passenger quarters, which are sort of limited on a bike of this size.
Is the driver backrest mounted further back than, for example a Utopia, or do they gain the room by not having a vertical bolster, because while my butt could go a little further back, I like my back kind of where it is, or the reach to the bars will be too far for comfort for me.
Please help with some feedback, and suggestions, as this is an expensive non-returnable investment. Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
Corbin Seat

I had mine made with the butt sitting back two inches. They also trim down the passenger seat two inches, actually makes the passenger sit up straight in the seat. My wife likes it better, says she doesn't feel like she is laying down in the seat. When I instaled the seat I also installed the handle bar risers, moved them up and out. It did take about a thousand miles to break it in, I now have ten thousand on it and love it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Don't know about the Corbin for the Wing, but I'll give you one word of warning from my experience with Corbins. People either love them or hate them. I had one on the ST-1300 and it was the hardest seat I've ever owned. People kept telling me it would break in, but my butt gave up first and I finally switched it out. But to be fair, they are probably like helmets, some brands fit some people and not others, and Corbins certainly don't fit me. I wouldn't buy another one unless I could ride it for a 1000 miles before I paid for it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John,
So it sounds like what the driver gains, the passenger gets equal treatment.
If I understand correctly the driver/passenger relationship of the seat will be approximately the same, but further back. Are your legs comfortable?
How do you find the backrest? Comfortable? Can you ride without it if need be?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Wingsoft is another route I am considering.
How much approximately does it raise you up?
Does it sit you back any further? (The wingsoft regular)
I am 6'1" and 32" inseam according to Levi Strauss.
However I would also have them do the passenger backrest as my wife says it feels like you're an airplane spotter if you sit in the passenger seat as designed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts