GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received and installed new corbin on my 09. Got the bolts to line up after a struggle, but since this is my 3rd corbin on different bikes i wasn't surprised, they all fit snug.

However, i have a question for anyone who has previously done this: When i bolt up the grab handles and tighten the rear bolts, the handles do not snug right up to the seat. They seem to at the front, and yes the bolts are tight.

Just wondering if there was a solution??

TIA, Anjin

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Are the round spacers installed in the holes provided in the seat. They look like a Teflon puck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is a metal spacer in the seat that the bolt goes thru, seems to me its hitting the metal on the handle and stopping it going all the way in

anjin

·
Registered
628 Posts
there is a metal spacer in the seat that the bolt goes thru, seems to me its hitting the metal on the handle and stopping it going all the way in

anjin
Just to add to this the metal spacers are different lengths, if I remember correctly the short ones go with the bolts that are in the front ie. nearest to the windshield. 2 short, 2 long:thumbup: If that is not your problem then as already stated the 4 round pucks that the bolts go thru that are located on the inside of the seat may have come out of place. To check that you have to remove the seat, I know, pain in the a##

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not home right now, so can't check. Metal spacers or whatever were already in the seat, I just took the old seat off, wrestled the new one into place and reinstalled the handles/bolts. Could the handles be backwards or are they left and right?? The handles have a taper where they contact the seat, is this part of the problem?

Anyway will pull seat and re-check when I get home on Sunday. Good news is the seat went on and looks good.

Thanks for all advice, anjin

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not home right now, so can't check. Metal spacers or whatever were already in the seat, I just took the old seat off, wrestled the new one into place and reinstalled the handles/bolts. Could the handles be backwards or are they left and right?? The handles have a taper where they contact the seat, is this part of the problem?

Anyway will pull seat and re-check when I get home on Sunday. Good news is the seat went on and looks good.

Thanks for all advice, anjin

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got home and pulled seat. No spacers, just metal tube passing thru fg base pan. No adjustment potential there. Finally took off handles and ground a few mm off the metal end. Snugs up well now.

Thanks for all advice, hope this helps someone else. BTW seat looks great.

Anjin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts