GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Had one for two weeks and sold it. TOO HARD!!

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
I had most all the rest at one time or another and finally went with the Corbin.

It has made me wish that I would have tried it first.

Just do it and put in the 3K to get used to it and you will be fine.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
If you're a large guy, you may like the Corbin seat, but for medium-build guys, THEY TOO DAMNED HARD. They told me to "break it in for 2500 miles", but it was a killer at the end just like the first day. Paid $1200 and ended up throwing it in the trash. They don't build seats to fit individual people like the other seat builders, they build seats to fit a certain motorcycle. All GL1800 seats are the same no matter what the height, weight, inseam, etc. of the rider is.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I like the Corbin for the looks. I have one on my Triumph Bonneville. It is too hard for me on a Wing. I am waiting on a Diamond that I ordered.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Smitty said:
Paid $1200 and ended up throwing it in the trash.
Must be something to do with being so close to the dump in Milpitas! :p

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I had one. Take off your seat, bolt on a couple 2x4's, ride a few thousand miles, then see if you like the feel enough to buy a Corbin. Mine was like riding on a cement block. Diamond/ Hartco Pro Tour.......like riding your couch down the highway

·
Registered
379 Posts
I had one for a while. I also did the "Break in for 2500 miles" it didn't work for me either. I liked the heaters but it was a real hard seat. Worst $1,200.00 I ever spent! I didn't put it in the trash, although thats where it belonged. I sold it for half of what I paid for it. I would look somewhere else for a seat, I did.

Pap

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
Corbin has to be the best looking seat on the market. I liked them on my HD's, 1500's, and my Valk Interstate. I tried 3 different ones for the 1800 and they all stunk.

I like a hard seat so that wasn't the problem. They sat me down in a bucket and the drivers backrest is made for a person of 75 pounds and 10" wide shoulders. LOL... The early style backrest was fine, but the new oval style stinks. It just dug into my shoulder blades.

I went with a Hartco velour and had them build it "almost" Corbin hard. My Hartco is never a issue on 800 mile days.

There's a butt for every seat and a seat for every butt!

Good Luck choosing........

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
the back rests make them look more like a bar stool than a motorcycle seat.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have had a Corbin seat on my last four bikes including my new 06 Wing. I have loved every one of them. I have not had the chance to try out the heated part but my wife says they get hot, hers was on high by accident after I installed it. She likes it so far too. Unfortunately it is a love-hate seat. If you can find someone that has one you can try out it will help you decide. If not then try a used one on this site or ebay. Last resort get a new one. I got lucky and found a new used one. good luck!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Smitty said:
If you're a large guy, you may like the Corbin seat, All GL1800 seats are the same no matter what the height, weight, inseam, etc. of the rider is.
I am 6'2" ~175lbs....and I like mine fwiw.

Also, BOTH of the Corbins I have had on my wing were very different. 1st was wide, and the current one is narrower and has less padding.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts