GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I am now fully convinced that I will be getting a Valkyrie. However, until I sell my 05 Tundra (any takers?), I must console myself with dreaming and drooling.

While drooling and wishing, I can while the days away wondering about add-ons. Presently, on my Shadow Aero, I have a Corbin which I really like. My friend, with the identical bike has a Mustang, which he dearly likes. To me, his Mustang seems like a sofa compared to my firm and supportive sports car seat.

Who will be brazen enough to weigh in on this issue of which seat is best and why? It sounds like a lot of Valk riders boast of the Ultimate. Have any of you experienced all 3?

Come on, I need some fodder here to keep me drooling. Thanks, Jim

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
Okay, I am now fully convinced that I will be getting a Valkyrie.
Enjoy the Valk. They are nice rides! :)

Aren't you looking for Big Bike Riders or did you miss it completely and you're looking for the VRCC board! LOL......

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've had a Corbin on my wing for 19,000 miles now and love it. I also had a corbin on my Sabre 1100 for 30,000 and loved that. I do prefer a firmer feel in seats.

If you like that as well then go with the corbin.

Chuck
MBD

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a Mustang seat on my 00 Valk Interstate like it alot

It raised me up 2 inches and able to stretch out -- I'm 6'2"

had a Corbin on my '02 Road king it lowered me

so if you have a long inseam Mustang

short inseam Corbin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whoops...I'm an idiot

Sorry, folks. I've been going back and forth between this board and the VRCC and lost track. :oops:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Jim, had a Mustang on my Sabre and an Ultimate on my Valk, the Ultimate on the Valk was OUTSTANDING. I also have a new Mid-Rider Ultimate on the Wing, just completed 2700 miles, again outstanding. The Corbin generally is too hard for average riders and okay for heavier riders. I'm 5'9" with 30" inseam and 195lbs.

Good luck with the Valk, loved mine for short rides (100-200 miles) just didn't work for me and the wife as a tourer.

Kevin

·
Registered
20 Posts
I sat on a Mustang for 14,000 miles on my 02 Sabre and it worked well , and now I have a 03 wing with a Corbin and 30'000 miles and really like it also , both seats are a big up grade from the stock seats . je

·
Registered
81 Posts
seats

I have a friend who just bought a Mustang for his Vulcon 2000 and he loves it. I have a Russell Day long for my GL1800 and I love it. The Russell is a custom made seat.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I've had corbins on 3 other bikes and only go that route if no other available, hard as a rock and the "break in" doesn't help, better than stock but not better than the others. I have a Mustang 3pc w/rider backrest on my VTX and really like it, its firm not hard like the Corbin and all day comfortable. Can't speak of the Ultimate but know its owners like it.

Steve

·
Registered
154 Posts
Seat

I tried a Mustang and an Ultimate on my Valk Standard. The Ultimate is 1000 times better than the Mustang for a Valk. On the Mustang, I always felt like I was sliding up on the tank.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
I think if you check, Mustang does not make a seat for the GL1800.

I asked a couple of years a go at Americade, (vender area ) and at that time they did not have plans to build a 1800 seat.

I went with a Diamond Big Boy, I am quite pleased with it :yes1:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts