GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just FYI.

Just spoke with Corbin service rep. They have made their 18 /19 Goldwing seats to plug into the onboarding bike controls. Great right! Unless you have just bought a previous seat less than 3 weeks ago and their responce is ....new products are being developed and there is no way to upgrade my existing 3 week old seat. So basically here is where I am. Paid dealer 1400.00 for a seat that is direct wired into the fuse panel and bypasses a 24k dollar bike controls. I cannot tell you how disappointed I am with Corbin. This kind of business practices will come back to bite them. I do not understand why they would not offer a conversion kit at a reasonable price. They did offer to sell me a new seat......like that is going to [email protected]

·
Registered
286 Posts
I can see both sides. I have been waiting to see how fast the seats were developed in the aftermarket to work with Honda controls. I do believe that if they were able to figure out the can bus system and make a plug work, that they will be making an adapter for their original seat to work with the new seat. It's like buying a new car with a big motor and finding out they will have one with a bigger motor for sale a month later. You are correct that it is not a good business practice and maybe they are making the adapter or the other option is maybe they are so big they are not worried? I hope it works out for you and they make an adapter for you and the people who had faith in them and bought seats before V2 came out.

Reactions: Kenichi

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
K Hale, some big companies couldn’t care less about customer service! Supply & demand is what matters & if they continue to sell thousands of seats, why would they care about a few hundred unhappy customers? They don’t & they pretty much told you so, yes??

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds right.

I am trying very hard to look at this whole seat issue from a positive standpoint. But it continues to spiral toward folks just wanting to sell products that aren't ready for market. Now some will say you should have waited,ask this or that question and to a big extent they are correct. I have a huge respect for companies who are on cutting edge product development but I expect some offerings of upgrade as the product evolves. Especially since this seat was installed literally 3 weeks ago. Another question is did the dealer know that I was getting a non current model......I certainly hope they did not. At any rate.....the buck stops here!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just FYI.

Just spoke with Corbin service rep. They have made their 18 /19 Goldwing seats to plug into the onboarding bike controls. Great right! Unless you have just bought a previous seat less than 3 weeks ago and their responce is ....new products are being developed and there is no way to upgrade my existing 3 week old seat. So basically here is where I am.

Welcome to Corbin customer service. You will find a lot of people that feel that any seat option that isn't Corbin is a better choice than Corbin.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Between the 1950s tuck & roll, rock hard seating, mini toilet seat backrests and lousy customer service, I really have no use for Corbin.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Between the 1950s tuck & roll, rock hard seating, mini toilet seat backrests and lousy customer service, I really have no use for Corbin.
If you go to their website and under accessories they have seven backrests that work with their seats
http://www.corbin.com/accessories/bkrest.shtml
The original, gunfighter and special apps should please those who do not toilet seat backrest

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
K hale, if you want professional customer service you should see how they operate at J&M Corporation. They pioneered a brand new Bluetooth headset for the 2018 Goldwing when it first came out. I bought 3 of them (BT-03 they were called). John Lazeroni (owner/President) told us early pioneers that we would get a complementary upgrade when a new version was developed. Sure enough, a year later, they come out with the BT-04 model. I sent my 3 units back to them, and as promised, I was mailed 3 brand new updated ones at no charge! Now THAT is how you develop a loyal following for LIFE!

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
K hale, if you want professional customer service you should see how they operate at J&M Corporation. They pioneered a brand new Bluetooth headset for the 2018 Goldwing when it first came out. I bought 3 of them (BT-03 they were called). John Lazeroni (owner/President) told us early pioneers that we would get a complementary upgrade when a new version was developed. Sure enough, a year later, they come out with the BT-04 model. I sent my 3 units back to them, and as promised, I was mailed 3 brand new updated ones at no charge! Now THAT is how you develop a loyal following for LIFE!

That's a great post, but that wont help the OP with his Corbin seat issue.
Corbin didn't make that promise that John made.
I don't see how Corbin is the bad guy here.
Plain and simple,If the OP didn't like the non-factory heating on the Corbin, he shouldn't have ordered it.:smile2:

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Just FYI.

Just spoke with Corbin service rep. They have made their 18 /19 Goldwing seats to plug into the onboarding bike controls. Great right! Unless you have just bought a previous seat less than 3 weeks ago and their responce is ....new products are being developed and there is no way to upgrade my existing 3 week old seat. So basically here is where I am. Paid dealer 1400.00 for a seat that is direct wired into the fuse panel and bypasses a 24k dollar bike controls. I cannot tell you how disappointed I am with Corbin. This kind of business practices will come back to bite them. I do not understand why they would not offer a conversion kit at a reasonable price. They did offer to sell me a new seat......like that is going to [email protected]

I cant understand why your dissing Corbin.
You made the decision to buy the seat knowing it had the Corbin external heater wiring.
Its not their fault you had bad timing with the changing seat models.
You had to of known they would get the heating issue figured out, they were losing seat sales on the 2018-9 Goldwing Tours.
Don't let your unhappy experience stress you out. Just go on a long ride and get some wind therapy.:grin2:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I cant understand why your dissing Corbin.
You made the decision to buy the seat knowing it had the Corbin external heater wiring.
Its not their fault you had bad timing with the changing seat models.
You had to of known they would get the heating issue figured out, they were losing seat sales on the 2018-9 Goldwing Tours.
Don't let your unhappy experience stress you out. Just go on a long ride and get some wind therapy.:grin2:
I have to agree with INTHEWIND, for Corbin to take back the seats, maybe 150 seats and correct them would be a huge cost. Basically, they would need to reconstruct the seat, having to sew a new side panel, pulling heaters, just not sure. Now if it was a simple 30min ordeal and you paid to ship both ways then I would probably do that and I am in the service biz for 30 years, however, I would be more concerned about seat comfort, appearance, craftsmanship. My Corbin solo saddle for my Harley has stood up to 20 years and 70,000 miles of travel and still looks great and my butt really likes it:smile2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts