GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My memory stick is giving me fits, so I can only post these build photos. More to come tomorrow after new memory stick.

Electronics are between the tank...nothing hanging out. All the wiring is covered in a new cloth heat shrink...whats old is new again. And yes....those are Hitachi connectors. Don't tell Harley.

Coil...all exposed wiring is Westinghouse cloth wire with clear heat shrink over it.

Rear brake line run under drive line thru frame.

Motor complete and waiting for a hoist in the frame.

Transmission back assembled. Look! Our logo!

One of the coolest features on the bike....the license plate. I'll show you why later.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Re: Corona Biker Build Off Update

Lewis/EC said:
One of the coolest features on the bike....the license plate. I'll show you why later.
I already know why: I was born that year! 8)

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Why do you need the license plate to retract? Do you extend a different one when you're riding recklessly? (like James Bond? :) )

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jon said:
Why do you need the license plate to retract? Do you extend a different one when you're riding recklessly? (like James Bond? :) )
Well, now I'm going to have to kill you...lol. When the ignition is off, the plate retracts up into the rear fender. Nothing visible and nothing bolted to the rear fender. It's Elfen magic!

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Lewis/EC said:
Jon said:
Well, now I'm going to have to kill you...lol. When the ignition is off, the plate retracts up into the rear fender. Nothing visible and nothing bolted to the rear fender. It's Elfen magic!
Ummm, wouldn't that be illegal if it were parked on a public road er'something....? :wink:

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Lewis, In your picture you show that gray/fabric looking wire sheath. What is the proper name of that stuff? I used it when I installed my power box and somebody was asking me what it was. I couldnt remember the proper name. I really like that stuff.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Bill, I believe the only time he would have a problem is if he was parked in the middle of the road with him away from the bike. It has to be a moving vehicle. Most of time he will be on private property with that bike I would assume when parked.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Looking Good, Lewis..............quite a bit to do in 2 days !! :shock:
Do I see fingerprints from someone other than yourself on that bike?? LOL !!

gosh....I wonder why it is called a Corona Biker Build-off??? :wink:

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Toyo said:
Bill, I believe the only time he would have a problem is if he was parked in the middle of the road with him away from the bike. It has to be a moving vehicle. Most of time he will be on private property with that bike I would assume when parked.
Tag has to be visible any time the vehicle is on a road, parked or moving.
It would be considered unregistered otherwise and could be ticketted or impounded....
He'll probably only use the device at shows and to show off... ...Lewis is such a conservative guy.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
ArnButt

I agree with you, but if I were the LEO that approached him and asked where's you license plate and he hit a button and it appeared......I would be so impressed that we would talk about it for a while and I'd forget the citation.....and see about installing one on mine....but that's just 'ol me..

·
Registered
11 Posts
If the plate setup was hooked up to a motion sensor, when the person was in range it will show and when he turned around it then went back to where it came….something like that. :p

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hedo, you are right. Nacho's prints are all over the bike. Do I get a Corona for telling ?????"

Charlie

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
TnCharlie said:
Hedo, you are right. Nacho's prints are all over the bike. Do I get a Corona for telling ?????"

Charlie
Charlie.......just take one out of the case Lewis will be sending me!! :lol:

Lewis said:
...anybody up for a game of "Biker Build Off"?

This bike has to be complete by Friday Feb 2nd.
.......only 15 hrs and 17 minutes left !! I expect to see a photo of the completed project - posted on the Board before 12:00 midnite tonite - as proof of completion. :shock:

................and a sound-bite of it's motor running !! LOL !! :eek:4:

:1st: :excited:

......and found on another thread by an 'anonymous' poster.....I think I will go watch Lewis finish building his bike. Hedo is right, Lewis is not the only one with prints on that bike, Nacho's prints are all over it.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm just gonna pull the mufflers off the Wing and record that for you... :D

Motor is in, tranny is in, front end complete, installing primary and have to make battery cables and run oil lines....then its sweet Corona time! The box from Corbin is MIA at the moment....

Not gonna put fuel in it. Would have to drain to take into the show and I'm not about that.

Stay tuned....

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Well Lewis,

You have had plenty of time to fix your memory stick. Today is tomorrow from yesterday, so where are the Pics?

Dawg

PS: I am going with you on the bet. Even though you will have a few "small" thingds to do when you pull out of the yard...LOL

Want me to post your private numbers, so you can get some "How Ya Doin" calls about your project tonight?..>LOL

Dawg

·
Registered
692 Posts
I saw the bike in the back of Lewis's truck ( 2:00 pm ) and headed to Cincinnati.

Charlie

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
TnCharlie said:
I saw the bike in the back of Lewis's truck ( 2:00 pm ) and headed to Cincinnati.

Charlie
Hey Charlie,
Is the build off in Cincinnati?
where at and when?
Maybe I can go cheer for him.
DC

·
Registered
692 Posts
Yes it is in Cincinnata but I do not know where.

Charlie

1 - 20 of 42 Posts