GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi David,
Sounds like a great ride! Sorry to say I am not much of a camper anymore. Also, I need to finish getting the new garage done. This project has taken much longer than I anticipated. I did not figure the time for the New Mexican “mañana” life style.
Thank you for the offer and I certainly hope we can get together and ride at some point this summer!
A couple of riders from Wisconsin are coming here in mid June, so I need to have things buttoned up by then.
Have you ever been to the “Rockies Gold” ride? I may try to make that one this year.
Thank again for the invite, keep in touch and ride safe............Jeff:biker:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, never been to Rockies Gold. I may have to take another look at last years thread and look what's on my vacant calendar...

- David

·
Registered
245 Posts
Rockies Gold............

Hi David,
Check it out and let me know! Always good riding in the Rockies and not too far from home.
Ride safe..................Jeff :biker:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a great ride in east central AZ and Hwy 180 down the west side of NM. When you get a chance, you'll definitely want to hit Hwy 180 sometime soon. Temps weren't too bad, high 80's most of the way after passing through Alma NM, 90's once we were on Mule Creek Road, aka NM Hwy 78.

Where we camped north of Morenci AZ (temps in the 90's just before sunset), temps were in the bottom end of the 70's when we pulled into Granville Campground. Woke up to a very nice 50 degree temp around 5:30.

I know that where you're at, there are some fairly impressive riding opportunities in early any direction. I've long wanted to ride east from Chama through a high mountain range (forgot the name, btw), as the roadside snow reflectors are nearly 9' tall with unimpeded views.

- David

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi David,
Good to hear you had a great ride! Wish I could have been there.
A few more weeks and things should be under control here. Then I can finally start spending my time riding! I have a neighbor that I have done some local riding with. He has sent me a number of day routes in this part of New Mexico. The ones we have ridden are awesome. If you get over this way let me know and I will send you the routes.
Keep in touch and ride safe...................Jeff :biker:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts