GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coronavirus Pandemic, day 7.
If anyone is still out there, I’m alive but struggling. Food is running low. Down to only 459 days worth. My hands are sanitized and my butt is super clean. Power still on, but for how long? Missing human interaction. I fear dark days ahead. News is all bad. Last few friends have leapt from buildings to their death, (or near death... most have single story homes so they are badly bruised). Basic necessities are gone though. NBA, NHL, NASCAR, NCAA, PGA, all gone. Basic Survival is a definite challenge. I vow to persevere to the end, I am a survivor! Please, if there is life out there, I'm still here;

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
You sound like your stranded on the moon boomer. Never fear good buddy. Communications are up and running. You can chat til your oxygen runs out.
I've been stranded in my house too for two weeks come Monday. I can always open my door though and that cool Michigan breeze can blow through... (maybe with some snow too)

·
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You sound like your stranded on the moon boomer. Never fear good buddy. Communications are up and running. You can chat til your oxygen runs out.
I've been stranded in my house too for two weeks come Monday. I can always open my door though and that cool Michigan breeze can blow through... (maybe with some snow too)
LOL Larry my son sent that to me. One of his friends sent it to him. It is breezy and 74* here right now.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Hang in there Boomer! This will give your favorite RTE place time to re-stock their onion rings.

Good write up!!!! LOL

·
Registered
509 Posts
Boomer, good to hear you are ok.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Good to hear your OK Boomer. For me, all leave is canceled until told otherwise. When I go to work unknown when I will get back off. I get my temp checked when starting and every 4 hours after. so far no reports of it being in my area yet. Several people have been tested and so far, all negative. Stay safe out there. I fear the worst is yet to come. I hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Coronavirus Pandemic, day 7.
If anyone is still out there, I’m alive but struggling. Food is running low. Down to only 459 days worth. My hands are sanitized and my butt is super clean. Power still on, but for how long? Missing human interaction. I fear dark days ahead. News is all bad. Last few friends have leapt from buildings to their death, (or near death... most have single story homes so they are badly bruised). Basic necessities are gone though. NBA, NHL, NASCAR, NCAA, PGA, all gone. Basic Survival is a definite challenge. I vow to persevere to the end, I am a survivor! Please, if there is life out there, I'm still here;
I am not sure you can survive with only 459 days worth of food. Sounds like there are some brutal days ahead for you my friend. I will pray for you to survive even if you are a Buckeye fan.

·
Registered
352 Posts
It appears that they are getting very good results with malaria drugs...... this may be over much quicker than many were thinking.
Without a vaccine any "very good results" from a therapy is just keeping the boat from sinking but won't resolve the problems of people getting sick, including medical personnel.

·
Administrator
4,015 Posts
Back to a little lighter note, Boomer it was good to see you out & about a couple of days ago. Seems like this 'bug' has got everyone nervous. Hence, the run on TP :p The couple of times I've been out, traffic was very low. Wish it would always stay like that. Guess we'll just cool our heels for a while longer, but you're right. With no types of sports on TV, I've found there's actually someone else living in my home, and she's kinda cute. May have to check her out! :p

·
Registered
576 Posts
Boomer, I'm sure things are getting desperate. Keep your firearms loaded and handy. They will be coming for your TP. Hook up your garden hose as a backup. Can't be too careful. If the insanity continues, go for a nice motorcycle ride. It will put life back in focus. Hold your own RTE for yourself at your house. Keep this on the QT as you can't risk BB dropping by to consume the last crumbs of your dwindling food assets. Good lucky buddy.

Hondahawk

·
Administrator
4,015 Posts
Boomer, I'm sure things are getting desperate. Keep your firearms loaded and handy. They will be coming for your TP. Hook up your garden hose as a backup. Can't be too careful. If the insanity continues, go for a nice motorcycle ride. It will put life back in focus. Hold your own RTE for yourself at your house. Keep this on the QT as you can't risk BB dropping by to consume the last crumbs of your dwindling food assets. Good lucky buddy.

Hondahawk
Rick. Been there-done that. Beat on that darn door for five minutes. I could hear him scurrying around inside. Sounded like bags of chips being stashed but I couldn't tell for sure...... ;)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Good stuff Boomer. We are surviving in our bunker. They have closed the borders so we are not going anywhere for a while but we have a lot of TP so we are fine.

·
Registered
117 Posts
"Always look on the bright side of life": Today I rode 160km and almost no traffic. I am disinfecting my gloves now. Plus you can go into a bank wearing a full mask and not get shot so free money!!!!

G.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Greetings from the shores of Lake Erie. We are well, and have what we need for now - food, TP, sanitizers, water and Ammo. 😎. So much for increasing my riding time after retirement. 🙄

oh well, it is what it is. Glad I don’t need to drive 40 miles to Cleveland every morning now. 👍

be safe and hope to see y’all .... someday

·
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was just listening to the Governor. He said there will be more restriction put on tomorrow. :cry: They said that Dayton and Cleveland were the two hot spot in the state. GUYS STAY SAFE!

Because of the restrictions the Scioto Ribber only does take out and will do delivery. That's what I had for lunch. 12" ribeye. Mmmmmm! OH YEA! I also got a dozen of those large ribs for later. ;) For those of you that are not familiar with the ribs they are not those tiny baby back things. Two of these make a large meal. (y)(y)

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I see that many folk are in a lock down situation around the world.
Must be tough. Important to focus on the big picture.

So I thought I would share this, hopefully it will make you LOL and maybe brighten your day.

Down here in Kiwi Land I am also heading sensible requests regarding travel and interaction with all and sundry.

I noticed my bottle of Single Malt Whisky was down to about 1 shot left ( got no idea where the rest of it went ) and decided to pick up another bottle on the way home after doing our usual weekly shop.

I have to confess that when I discovered my choice was on special I have joined the hoarders and bought 2 bottles instead of the one I had in mind.
When I went to put the spare one in the cupboard I was delighted to discover that I had forgotten there was a replacement already there.

I guess there is an upside of early onset of Alzheimers after all.

Take care..
Kiwi

·
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here it comes! Governor ordered more restrictions. A stay at home order starts 11:59 PM Monday night. There are a few exceptions.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
In a nutshell....................no bike riding unless you're going for food, medicine etc... Getting caught 100 miles from home probably won't fly.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts