GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Well we are heading to lock down in 48hrs.

Im not sure to make of anybody planning to cheat on these measures.

Probably best I dont broadcast my initial feelings on this forum.

But I will say if everybody cheated this may go round and round and evolve along the way.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Michigan will now be under lockdown at midnight. How quickly we have allowed our liberties to be taken away. I only hope that they return as quickly. 9 million nine hundred and forty thousand people in this state don’t have the virus. 1000 do. Lock down everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
576 Posts
In a nutshell....................no bike riding unless you're going for food, medicine etc... Getting caught 100 miles from home probably won't fly.
Ronnie,
I tested the theory today. I had an emergency that my motorcycle gasoline tank was not full. So, I had to go get some ($1.49/gallon @ Marathon in Red Lion). Remember, you are Always headed to get carryout or to the grocery/pharmacy to pick up your life saving prescriptions. The law enforcement will not be stopping people (similar to the seat belt law). Ride on.
Rick

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
In a nutshell....................no bike riding unless you're going for food, medicine etc... Getting caught 100 miles from home probably won't fly.
They commented that we can go to parks, hiking, etc. I didn't see anything in there to stop me from going to a park halfway across the state!:cool:

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Michigan will now be under lockdown at midnight. How quickly we have allowed our liberties to be taken away. I only hope that they return as quickly. 9 million nine hundred and forty thousand people in this state don’t have the virus. 1000 do. Lock down everyone.

That will change real quick if you keep on with a situation normal attitude. Its not and will spread like wildfire and those numbers will change quickly.

Liberties taken away....... How about protection of the residents?

·
Registered
415 Posts
As a father of a front line health care worker I am taking this threat to all of our citizens health seriously.

I hope you do too.

My daughter works in Bellingham, WA they just had 29 new cases reported yesterday. 6 of them were healthcare workers.

If any of you happen to have some N95 masks I encourage you to donate them to the frontline healthcare worker(s) of your choice or to a facility (Hospital, Nursing Home) that has a shortage. (you might be surprised how common these masks used to be)...

I doubt us Wing owners going for a spin contributes to the problem but if we stop to use the bathroom, stop to get gas or a snack, have a mishap, or interact with the public then we ARE contributing to the problem.

I am all about protecting our freedom but now is not the time to make a stink. We all need to band together to nip this thing in the bud NOW. The authorities and the healthcare system can not solve this problem without our help and cooperation.

Good health to you and yours!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
834 Posts
Back to a little lighter note, Boomer it was good to see you out & about a couple of days ago. Seems like this 'bug' has got everyone nervous. Hence, the run on TP :p The couple of times I've been out, traffic was very low. Wish it would always stay like that. Guess we'll just cool our heels for a while longer, but you're right. With no types of sports on TV, :p
"I've found there's actually someone else living in my home, and she's kinda cute. May have to check her out! "

At your age, please watch out for over-exertion! You can't be too careful!

·
Registered
576 Posts
"I've found there's actually someone else living in my home, and she's kinda cute. May have to check her out! "
Bob, if you croak from a heart attack or stroke and Boomer gets promoted from Internal Affairs to a full fledged Admin, we, the followers of GL1800riders will Never Forgive You. Moderation Bob, moderation...

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Bob, if you croak from a heart attack or stroke and Boomer gets promoted from Internal Affairs to a full fledged Admin, we, the followers of GL1800riders will Never Forgive You. Moderation Bob, moderation...
Ahh man, you're hard! 🤣

No thanks Rick!!!! I'll keep my low profile Internal Affairs job! :p I'd rather keep my paper pushing job than have to police this mob.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
That will change real quick if you keep on with a situation normal attitude. Its not and will spread like wildfire and those numbers will change quickly.

As a father of a front line health care worker I am taking this threat to all of our citizens health seriously.

I hope you do too.

I am all about protecting our freedom but now is not the time to make a stink. We all need to band together to nip this thing in the bud NOW. The authorities and the healthcare system can not solve this problem without our help and cooperation.

Good health to you and yours!
I'm sure you all are joking about being out and about. At least I hope you are. Keeping a sense of humor is important during this time. BUT using common sense and NOT being part of the problem and being part of the solution by doing your part is more important.

Let's be sure the message we are sending out is one of "doing the right thing". Not sending the message that "he's not taking it serious, so why should I"?

Kinda like the spring break kids in Florida! Let's go herd up and get it, then take it back and spread it all over the country.

My bike is covered up and parked. Was I looking forward to riding? Damn right I was. But I'm not going to ride because that sends a bad message to people who see me.

"The needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few." Spock

Have fun on here when appropriate. Be serious when it calls for it. A lot of people on here are well respected and looked up to. With that comes responsibility.

New York coronavirus cases surge 38% overnight to 20,875

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

Some of us take our liberties seriously. And what makes you think I’m not taking the virus seriously? I am 69 years old and have my 94 year old mother in law living in my home. Residents should do what I do, take care of their health, practice good hygiene stay out of crowds and stay away from sick people. I don’t need somebody to tell me how to take care of myself or my family. I’m it sick and yet the government has shut down my business, my customers have benn shut down, I know hundreds of people out of work but I know no one who has the virus. You ask what about the residents, me too or are healthy people not residents.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Good Morning,

I hope my Ohio friends are safe and doing well. Had planned a big ride for today a couple of weeks ago with another guy but we both agreed, not to do it.

This time of isolation and refection makes you appreciate your friends and riding buddies even more. One day we will again be able to get out and do RTE's and longer trips with our friends.

Maybe we can set up a Zoom call in date and time and do a low key get together without political or controversial overtones? We could even eat during the call and make it a Zoom to eat or ZTE. Used to do A LOT of conference calls with other cities doing the same work back in the day but Zooming may be another thing. LOL

Everyone stay safe and God bless!

21 - 40 of 57 Posts