GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me just making sure I did this correct I have a 195 55 16 dark side tire for my 08 goldwing I tryied to push it in with out the rim. Did I get the correct tire. Tomorrow I am supposed to get it on the rim.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
828 Posts
Yes, that is the correct size. What tire did you get?

·
Registered
828 Posts
After tire is mounted on the rim it will go in okay. It will be slightly easier to install on bike if you let air out of tire. Did you lay bike down to remove wheel?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I did oh ok great tomorrow I will go to the guy and have him switch the tire.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Is the center stand all the way out/down? A piece of 2x4 under center stand will make a little more room for installing wheel/tire. If you have wheel/tire at proper angle it will slide in fairly easily, even the wider 205 size fits okay.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess you're saying under the center stand when it's out all the way.?

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,978 Posts
If you find that it would be helpful to have someone to talk you through getting the tire installed on the bike, send me a PM and I will send you my phone number.

·
Registered
8,751 Posts
The tire combo fits just fine. Take your time and line up the lug bolts and it will slide right on. If you get perplexed, take a break and give it another try.
The easiest way is your wing on its side. There are videos that show how to do it.:smile2:

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
The old trick... empty plastic trash bag over the tire.. helps it slide up into place.:wink2:

Corventure Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts