GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the price range to trike a GL1800 now days? I realize a lot depends on the kit you choose and the options. I would probably be looking at a well equipted Champion conversion. How much difference is there in cost between manufacturers? If we decide to trike our bike I would have a dealer do the install.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Geeze said:
What is the price range to trike a GL1800 now days? I realize a lot depends on the kit you choose and the options. I would probably be looking at a well equipted Champion conversion. How much difference is there in cost between manufacturers? If we decide to trike our bike I would have a dealer do the install.
Don't know where you live Geeze so my suggestion may be off base. I live in Southeast Iowa and there is a Honda and Yamaha dealership in Muscatine, Iowa that does Trike conversions (California Side Car and Champion). The name of the dealership is Hatfield's Motorsports. Pete Hatfield will let you take both brands for a test drive so you can decide what you are willing to pay for. I decided to go with the CSC because of the ride. The independent suspension makes a big difference, especially on bumpy roads. Anyway, find yourself a dealer(s) like Hatfield's and test ride. Regardless of the brand they cost $10,000 plus when you start adding options so you want to make sure you made a wise decision.
Mine is costing around $16,000 out the door, but I went nuts with the accessories. It could have easily been $14,000 and under and still had a nice machine. Champion will run you about $800 less on the base price. They are both excellant conversions and I'm sure the other brands are nice great too. Make your own choice.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
I second what Randy said, check them all out.
All the major brands are good, what I like may differ from you, so go see them all.

Never been the Hatfield's, but sounds like a good dealer. There are several like him that are Honda dealers and sell trikes also....who knows you may see one on the floor and just trade and ride a trike home....no waiting....plus it's winter and that means a buyers market....

Good luck in what ever you do...

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Rid'nrandy said:
Geeze said:
Don't know where you live Geeze so my suggestion may be off base. I live in Southeast Iowa and there is a Honda and Yamaha dealership in Muscatine, Iowa that does Trike conversions (California Side Car and Champion). The name of the dealership is Hatfield's Motorsports. Pete Hatfield will let you take both brands for a test drive so you can decide what you are willing to pay for. I decided to go with the CSC because of the ride. The independent suspension makes a big difference, especially on bumpy roads. Anyway, find yourself a dealer(s) like Hatfield's and test ride. Regardless of the brand they cost $10,000 plus when you start adding options so you want to make sure you made a wise decision.
Mine is costing around $16,000 out the door, but I went nuts with the accessories. It could have easily been $14,000 and under and still had a nice machine. Champion will run you about $800 less on the base price. They are both excellant conversions and I'm sure the other brands are nice great too. Make your own choice.
About the same here in Central Florida to trike....

Tony's in Inverness is my recommendation for this area...

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Geeze has that beautiful Illusion Blue, so he may be looking to trike it...please thoroughly check all brands before deciding and ride whatever you can...Trikes By Tony in Inverness is #1! Just spoke with them today about something...they become like family...and they will let you ride a trike (if you're nice! LOL).

·
Registered
337 Posts
Randy,

Most manufacturers have web site where you can at least ball park your price.

By the way, nobody "goes nuts" with accessories. All of these items are very necessary to the survival of the species. Its actually a sign of good mental health to be surrounded by chrome and electronics. At least my pyschiatrist tells me so. :shock: :arrow:

·
Registered
238 Posts
pajim said:
Randy,

Most manufacturers have web site where you can at least ball park your price.

By the way, nobody "goes nuts" with accessories. All of these items are very necessary to the survival of the species. Its actually a sign of good mental health to be surrounded by chrome and electronics. At least my pyschiatrist tells me so. :shock: :arrow:
That's the way I look at it too. The more chrome you got, the more visable you are. The more visable you are, the safer you are. I keep repeating that mantra to my wife and hopefully she will buy it by the time the trike is ready. :lol:

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
The trike companies have web sites and they quote prices. These prices are very accurate unless an installer tries to get to you...My Motor Trike install was to the penny as posted on the MT site.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Some trikes have a short list of options like Champion. Others have a whole laundry list of options. The more boxes you check the higher the price goes. You not only pay for the option but also for the installation of it on the trike.
Mike

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
What EZRider says is true. Motor Trike lists items plus installation charges if there are any. I got a bumper, hitch, fender bras and carpeting at the price quoted...no install charges. Some extras are labor intensive such as a rake kit...make a list and talk with you installer. He should be pretty close to the web site charges or he is trying to make some extra money off of you...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts