GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Road bikes finally get the full deal. Cottonwood Pass

After two years it’s open, fresh asphalt

Cottonwood Pass is a high mountain pass in south-central Colorado in the Rocky Mountains of the western United States. It is located near the border of Gunnison and Chaffee counties in Colorado and is in the Sawatch Range. Wikipedia
Elevation: 12,126′
Road: County Road 306
Did you know: Cottonwood Pass is the second-highest mountain passe in Colorado by maximum elevation (12,126 feet). wikipedia.org

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I used to camp out in the Taylor Lake / Tin Cup Area for a week of ATVing. I remember riding cottonwood pass many times on the quads. Beautiful Country.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Road bikes finally get the full deal. Cottonwood Pass

After two years it’s open, fresh asphalt

Cottonwood Pass is a high mountain pass in south-central Colorado in the Rocky Mountains of the western United States. It is located near the border of Gunnison and Chaffee counties in Colorado and is in the Sawatch Range. Wikipedia
Elevation: 12,126′
Road: County Road 306
Did you know: Cottonwood Pass is the second-highest mountain passe in Colorado by maximum elevation (12,126 feet). wikipedia.org
Is that the road that goes north of Crested Butte

·
Registered
231 Posts
That does look awesome, my GPS shows it changes to a different highway about 18 miles in, Hwy 209, then it's gravel, true?? or is my GPS lying to me {please be lying to me:smile2:}

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Is that the road that goes north of Crested Butte
No, it runs east/west between Almont and Buena Vista.

That does look awesome, my GPS shows it changes to a different highway about 18 miles in, Hwy 209, then it's gravel, true?? or is my GPS lying to me {please be lying to me:smile2:}
It changes because they are county roads in 2 different counties. It used to be just the east side of the pass was paved to the summit. Now it's paved all the way.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Did it many a time on dirt bikes when I used to live in Denver.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts