GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking online at a bike at the BMW dealership in Buford but would like to get some eyes on it. It has some paint damage from a parking lot tip over and the pictures are few and I need to get a better opinion from a rider. It's a 2007 beige BMW R1200RT with a top box, with an extra seat. I'd like to put it in my stable and repair it over the winter. If you would like to look at it and demo ride it I would be very grateful. I live in Ohio and can't really ride down to look at it, but I'd give them a deposit and I'd fly down and ride it back if it checks out. Thanks for any help.

Lonnie
AKA LDM

The best way to contact me is by email cos it alerts me on my phone [email protected]

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Hey Lonnie,

That's Hourglass Cycles in Buford. I've been there before. That BMW dealership used to be Blue Moon Cycles in Norcross, GA, just 10 minutes from me, but the owner sold the dealership to the new owners, now Hourglass Cycles in Buford. Good folks.

Hourglass Cycles is about an hour northeast of me. Wife says a short road trip tomorrow after lunch is OK, so I think I will be able to get a look at it for you. Don't know if I'll get a test ride or not since 60% rain is forecast here tomorrow. But, weather allowing, I'll take it for a spin down the road.

The pictures of the bike on their web site look nice. Only scrapes seem to be on the left side saddlebag, and not too bad. They actually have three 2007 R1200RTs there. This one has the lowest mileage and yet is the least expensive.

PM me your phone number so I can call you if I get there tomorrow.

I'll ping you on your email too.

Bob

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks Wingman for running over to check out the bike I was considering. FYI to the rest of you the bike was sold before he got there. Ohh well, I"m sure a better one wull come along.

LDM

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Lonnie,
Sorry you lost out on the buy. Bob is a good guy though to check it out for you. He knows his way around a bike. He's a good friend of mine and hopefully we'll share a plate full of muffins at a sub-shop in the next day or three.
Did you end up buying a another bike some where else?
Larry K.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts