GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
With so much written here on tire troubles, cupping, wobbles, wearing out prematurely.
Could the quality/rubber of cycles tires be suffering from the price of oil by using less oil and using a substitute?

On a related product of oil usage, asphalt.
My neighbor had a new asphalt driveway installed, and has lots of hair line cracks. Some believe the public is a victim of cheap oil products.

Is this possible?

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Wi_Winger said:
With so much written here on tire troubles, cupping, wobbles, wearing out prematurely.
Could the quality/rubber of cycles tires be suffering from the price of oil by using less oil and using a substitute?

On a related product of oil usage, asphalt.
My neighbor had a new asphalt driveway installed, and has lots of hair line cracks. Some believe the public is a victim of cheap oil products.

Is this possible?
Oil prices increase. Tire prices increase. Tires are pretty competitive, maybe not for the Goldwing, but for auto's, for sure. If tire companies were taking shortcuts, they'd feel it in sales.

Blacktop surfaces are dependent on lots of variables... mainly the mix (sand, aggregate, tar) and the underlaying surface. One driveway can't describe the industry.

I doubt the cost of oil has much to do with what you mentioned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts