GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;);););) :excited:
I picked up my new 08 Wing on March 16th and had to watch it sit in the garage till today. It was a toasty +2 celcius, but the roads were dry, so decided it was a good time to check out the comfort package. I went 50 kilometers and loved the ride. The heated seat and grips as well as the foot warmers worked great. Every thing seemed to work good. I checked out the cruise, navigation, shifting gears , radio etc. I was quite happy not to check out the ABS, as there was a few ice patches.All seemed fine, no fluid or oil leaks. The seat and hand warmers got plenty warm. The grips even with light gloves got almost too hot on high. The gears seemed to shift with a little firmer than on my 04. The stereo was much better too. There was lots of migrating birds to watch too, saw bald eagles, Canada geese, sandhill cranes and crows, even a turkey vulture( I have never seen one of those up here before) My face must have got frozen though, because I cant seem get the simle off my face.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good for you it nice to see a Canadian online with the same weather problems. I just got my Leesure lite connected to the bike last night and Wanted to go for a long ride today. I got up early to find a inch of snow on the Ground. Its been a long winter here and Spring isn't looking so nice so far.

Allan Lessard
Grande Prairie,Alberta

·
Registered
13 Posts
:congrats:
Yu seem to forget all about the cold when out on a wing. 20C or 70F here in southen Ontario today, hope to get out.Yu gotta love the comfort package.

·
Registered
872 Posts
You're from northern Manitoba! OMG :wrong:

Well, I've got to give you credit for running a Wing way up there. At least the water shouldn't be as deep as it is in the south.

Congrats on the new Wing, and don't let your face unfreeze.;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts