GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ten days till blast off for Montana , Washington , Idaho .hopefully will have time for Oregon too .:lol:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Wish I was going with you,,,. In my opinion, the NorthWest is the most beautiful part of the country! :thumbup:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:thumbup:Buying a new camera for this trip in the morning. Bike goes into shop Friday for new shoes , front wheel bearing kit , plugs , brake pads all way around . Girl rolled over a 100 k about 2 weeks ago , so a little extra care for prevention won't hurt .

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wish I was going with you,,,. In my opinion, the NorthWest is the most beautiful part of the country! :thumbup:
Never been to those states so it will be a great trip , I'm sure . Also have a cousin in Washington that will have to take me sturgeon fishing while I'm there .

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
with 100k on odo, i would have an alternator lined up from someone that has a spare sitting around. Then if your alt goes out, they can overnight it to you and your back on the road next day.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
ten days till blast off for Montana , Washington , Idaho .hopefully will have time for Oregon too .:lol:
Don't miss southern Utah on the way, have a good, safe ride!!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hum

with 100k on odo, i would have an alternator lined up from someone that has a spare sitting around. Then if your alt goes out, they can overnight it to you and your back on the road next day.
Well if alternator goes out on this trip . you do know who I'm going to blame now don't you !:lol:

·
Administrator
3,575 Posts
I replaced my alternator with a brand new at 150,000 miles. The old one was working fine, but I replaced it just as a precaution. If yours goes out due to Kevin talking about it, I'll send you my spare. My cell is 409-728-0097.

Enjoy your trip. It sounds like a great time is about to be had.

Glen

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol

I replaced my alternator with a brand new at 150,000 miles. The old one was working fine, but I replaced it just as a precaution. If yours goes out due to Kevin talking about it, I'll send you my spare. My cell is 409-728-0097.

Enjoy your trip. It sounds like a great time is about to be had.

Glen
i'll make sure I have your number with me now that kevin stirred up all this bad karma , even was posting pics of wings on trailers :shock:. I'LL HAVE A SHORT BLAME LIST IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG NOW THOUGH i'LL JUST SHOUT KEVIN !!!:lol:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did replace final drive and have mono tubes installed couple of months back . Final drive was just preventative because I pull a camper at lot on trips .

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Well if alternator goes out on this trip . you do know who I'm going to blame now don't you !:lol:
btw, if ypu have a flat tire or bearings go out or ecm breals or get bad gas or a rock hits your windshield and shatters it or hit a pot hole and bust your wheel or...........lol

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
btw, if ypu have a flat tire or bearings go out or ecm breals or get bad gas or a rock hits your windshield and shatters it or hit a pot hole and bust your wheel or...........lol
lmao
:twisted:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nor did they mention the wild rock hitting the oil filter.....lol
Had that happen first week I had the bike , ordered a belly pan same day it happened .:lol:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nor drive shaft u-joints, loosing bike keys, all head light bulbs burning out,etc.
You and Kevin both will be getting a call in the middle of the night if bike does break down . :lol:

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Jimmy,

this time last year we were camping out at lake waurika in Ok. Why don't you just cancel the trip to the great northwest due to all the things that might go wrong and lets just mosey up to Oklahoma :shrug:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jimmy,

this time last year we were camping out at lake waurika in Ok. Why don't you just cancel the trip to the great northwest due to all the things that might go wrong and lets just mosey up to Oklahoma :shrug:
trip and vacation just got pushed back .
Company is sending me to Snyder TX. to work .
Look at bright side your off the hook now , bike wont have a chance to break down . lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts