GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a cover to use when I'm on the road and the bike has to be parked outside for the night. Would like it to cover the entire bike but would also like it to fold up and not take up too much storage space.

Pros and cons are welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
872 Posts
I have the Ultra half cover and find it works good for keeping the Wing reasonably protected. It does not cover the entire bike, but the main advantage for me is the small size of the cover when stored away.

After extended use in the hot sun, a couple of years, the cover does tend to deteriorate, and mine did tear near where there is reinforcement for the antenae. So all I did was repair it with Duct tape on the inside.

·
Registered
824 Posts
There are several covers you can look at... On the road I use a half cover... It is held on with elastic ing the nose and tail... and bungee cords on the side... (watch out for those bungee's though... they pack a whollop.. don't ask how I know...)

Melissa

·
Registered
261 Posts
I just bought a kuryschan cover, very nice it even has a soft insert for the windshield and a special material that goes by the motor and tailpipes that is heat proof. it has 2 clips underneith to hold it on. fit is also great. it comes with a bag that is resonable in size, not the smallest but the cover makes up for it

good luck, Kevin

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
I have both half and full covers....the full Ultra Guard cover doesn't take up that much room, depends on how long you going to be traveling....

One more reason to have a trailer...take both....

I can keep the full cover, two rain suits ( frogg togg) and a few other things in the left saddlebag....

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
This cover is light weight, easy to put on and folds to a size less than a football. Cheap too ! I got mine in "Woodbourne" but any local walmart will have them. About $20 bucks................. :)

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I have the Kuryakan half cover, use it while were on the road, spray it w/ silicone spray every now & then, keeps the scoot dry.
$35 from the local dealer, easy to pack on the bike or in the trailer :wink:
we use a lite weight cover for the garage/ winter storage, $35 on ebay..

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I'm with Mike L. I carry a similar cover, 1 extra set of Frogg Toggs, winter gloves, summer gloves, full set of Cycleport rain inserts for the Ultra II Air Mesh Kevlar suit, Mothers FX cleaner, Plexus and 2 REI 33 oz canisters of extra gas in the Left Saddlebag. Oh yea, and a few cleaning cloths.

That cover, and mini bungee cords work wonders in rainstorms at the hotels.
Not totally waterproof, but, extremely water resistant.

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you are looking to do it on the cheap. Try a 9 x 12 plastic tarp from Home Depot for $3.00. Tie a knot under the headlight and another under the trunk. The knot gathers the material and holds tarp in place. I don't leave home without one. Takes up very little space. 8)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Scooby II said:
I'm looking for a cover to use when I'm on the road and the bike has to be parked outside for the night. Would like it to cover the entire bike but would also like it to fold up and not take up too much storage space...
The Tour King cover (http://www.tourkingcovers.com/shop/) might be just the one you're looking for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts