GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08, but recently bought a 10 because I couldn't pass up the deal on a really low mileage bike, and I figure the 08 should be an easy sell in the spring. The 08 has a CB, but the 10 doesn't; the plan is to move the CB to the 10 during the winter downtime we have here in Ohio. The problem is I'll be left with two holes in the trunk of the 08; the easy solution would be to just buy a new antenna kit for the 10 and leave the antenna on the 08, but that's probably the most expensive route as well. I'm not totally opposed to buying a new antenna, just wondering has anybody had this situation and come up with a creative way (that looks good) to cover or plug the CB antenna holes on the trunk?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have used plugs that fill the holes that you can find at auto parts stores and home depot/lowes. I have removed the cord holders for the wired communication and filled those holes and others with the plugs.

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
i have an 08, but recently bought a 10 because i couldn't pass up the deal on a really low mileage bike, and i figure the 08 should be an easy sell in the spring. The 08 has a cb, but the 10 doesn't; the plan is to move the cb to the 10 during the winter downtime we have here in ohio. The problem is i'll be left with two holes in the trunk of the 08; the easy solution would be to just buy a new antenna kit for the 10 and leave the antenna on the 08, but that's probably the most expensive route as well. I'm not totally opposed to buying a new antenna, just wondering has anybody had this situation and come up with a creative way (that looks good) to cover or plug the cb antenna holes on the trunk?
they make a flat chrome fill piece mite have one but leaving in morning for pa !!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I had a similar situation so I purchased two stainless steel “Carriage bolts”, they have smooth heads with no slot and have a square section under the head to hold in wood. I cut the square section to the same diameter as the bolt (1/4”), polished the heads and cut them just long enough for an acorn nut on the inside. This leaves a shiny round plug on the outside.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Great tip! And those look good!
I went with the Sierra duel antenna on my 2005.
Removing it and installing it on my 2016 was a snap. Best part is.... I didn't have CB antenna holes to fill when I sold the 2005.

Corventure Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts