GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Some riders when winterizing cover their exhaust ends to keep out rodents.
What harm can they do if they get in there?

Just Curious.

·
Registered
164 Posts
This did not happen on a motorcycle but I did have an old Jeep once. The critters got in and believe it or not built a nest INSIDE the cylinder. :shock: Yep you got it. It did not run so good the next spring. :D If there is a way they will do it. A baggie and a rubber band is not that expensive.

Cheers.
Marc

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
poke VERY small holes in the baggie to let moisture/air out...

·
Registered
679 Posts
There are already holes in the muffler to let condensate out..on the bottom, near the slip joint. Thought I had an exhaust leak..I could feel puffs against my hand from that location when the engine was running.
Another rider told me he could hear the 'leak'...I could not. The mechanic showed me the holes..felt kinda stoopid.

Ride long and safe..and am unclear on the whole concept of "winterizing".

John
ETC (SW) USN ret
The Sabre Group ret
EDS ret
'06 GL18HPNAC6

·
Registered
249 Posts
stuff loosely balled pieces of steel wool into the holes of the exhaust.

geek

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Wi_Winger said:
Some riders when winterizing cover their exhaust ends to keep out rodents.
What harm can they do if they get in there?

Just Curious.
They can reduce your mileage. :roll:

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
If you don;t cover the exhaust, them damn rodents get in there, then they go crazy, they'll play the radio, change all your stations, the leave potato chip bags all over, beer cans everywhere, what a mess......

I don't understand winterizing either,,,,,

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
What is winterizing? :lol:

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Winterizing is when I put a heavier jacket in my saddlebag, just in case I need it.... :wink:

·
Registered
553 Posts
use decon

put 10 boxes of decon in the pipes..or razor blades,or broken glass,or chewing gum,what i do is i let my wing run 24 hours a day,,that works very well also..at idle the cost of gas is pretty low..

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
KYBLUE said:
If you don;t cover the exhaust, them damn rodents get in there, then they go crazy, they'll play the radio, change all your stations, the leave potato chip bags all over, beer cans everywhere, what a mess......

I don't understand winterizing either,,,,,

:lol: :lol:

:clap2: Now THAT'S funny !!! :clap2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts